Zeus & Leto resurrection = Pub team Wipe

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by CptW, Apr 26, 2012.

1. CptW

CptW New Member

Does anyone else think that the respawaning Agrons at the mines are a bit much for Recruit mode?

Two Noobs got killed in 1 or 2 minutes when they rampaged - Zeus and Leto got separated into different directions and then it was pretty much Game over at that point. The Respawns at full health were happening way too fast and the rampaging damage sponges combined with a few random stalkers took away any sort of fun for that game.

Some Suggestions
    1) Slow down/delay the respawn rate
    2) Respawn at 1/2 health or less.
    3) Do not have them respawn in recruit mode.
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

The respawn rate does seem off. It looked as though Zeus was respawning faster than Leto as well.
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

The respawn only occurs in 1700 SR or better, so I guess pubs are more high level now a days, might need to bump up the SR minimum. The respawn probably could be delayed a bit more to give teams a chance to focus one then the other in quick succession.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I have yet to have an issue with it, in even the worst of games.
  5. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Yeah lol I think I was in that game earlier, we killed one and then went to kill the other within 2-3 seconds; and the other would already be up after we managed to kill him; and it was only in recruit mode on EC.
  6. CptW

CptW New Member

well - Part of the reason why this was out of control was that we had squad mix which lacked DPS and the ability to control the agron's movement. The other part was that we had a few high xp vets and a 100k XP troll who quit immediately when he randomed a class he didn't like.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

The timing needs to be looked at, we definitely had one of them res less than a second before dying. I think it's fine because it is A) an optional mission that you can choose to skip if you don't have a tank and/or some way to keep them controlled and together, B) something for squads with higher squad ratings who should at least know how to focus fire on a higher hp target and maybe even communicate and figure out what they're doing before they start it. As long as you don't get yourself into the viscous cycle of having one die just after the other resurrects and then killing the other while the first resurrects again and the cycle repeats, you should be perfectly fine.
  8. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

i actually like the fast revival. keeps u on ur toes. and if u dont have toes, well then ur shit out of luck.
  9. David

David Well-Known Member

Joined pub with a friend or two, bumping the SR to above 1700. Zeus and Leto pretty much raped the entire team, killing 1 or 2 new players. When we finally killed them both the last of the new players (who was somehow still alive) simply left without a word, leaving only 4 or 5 experienced players behind.

I only have one point in telling this story - the new Zeus and Leto fight is having a negative impact on the new player base (i.e. future of this game). In almost every >1650 sr pub I've run at least 1 sub 100xp newbie is killed.
  10. Hongbearr

Hongbearr New Member

I think the new Leto and Zeus is fine. If you get a team of newbies, yeah it can be hectic, but if they can't dodge the twins, chances are they are gonna die to Ereb and his falling **** bombs anyways. Besides, this will teach the newbies a very important lesson: face tanking in NOTD is bad.

Also, I think it highlights the importance of teamwork and makes a point that NOTD isn't just a "shoot em up" kind of game. And since the requirement for resurrection is 1700, it also puts an emphasis on the vets to lead and explain to the newbies what's going on.
  11. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

Zeus and Leto need an ingame explanation prior to the fight. Newbies will not know about the resurrection, nor will they even know about the need to shoot them in the butt. Although the mission is optional, it does not offer newbies any guidance whatsoever, and requires a somewhat high level of team coordination. Compare this to the appearance of big red squares almost everywhere in EC recruit.
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I do get really pissed off when I get in an OSOK spree and discover that the red box I OSOK'd out of reflex was around a regular damn zombie.
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Arc: *sees Red Box in Fog of War. Flares. Sees a zombie there* ....
  14. Hongbearr

Hongbearr New Member

You have to have quite a few vets for the SR to be 1700+ so if nobody pauses to explain and a newbie dies, I blame the vets for not helping. Same thing for Seth in vet games. If someone is new to vet and nobody explains how Seth works, then it's the vet's fault.

I remember when Seth first came out, for quite a few days people were cursing ability for fucking with our heads because we didn't know how to kill it, but now it's just a fun fight.
  15. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

This in Recruit Mode was just crazy. Had this problem for the first time yesterday and the timing on the respawns of those 2 are way off. Letos' gibs are still bouncing around and got resurrected by Zeus within a second.

My game was just the weirdest in NOTD history, down to 5 players at that point, the new Assault got eviscerated by Zeus and the Commando sacrificed himself in a bright ball of radioactive flame trying to put down this nuisance but to absolute no avail. If you have 3 players in game and your lacking DPS your truly screwed. Luckily we had an Engineer who came in charging with Overdrive and smoked them both when they were low on health.

Now for this mechanic what I would definitely suggest is the following (Just examples, not all have to be added)
    • Limited amount of spawns on both Zeus and Leto on Recruit Mode
    • The time between Resurrection be altered
    • The whole mechanic becomes mute when there are few players left in game
    • If Zeus and Leto are within close proximity the spawn trigger fires a bit slower, if they are far away then it is near instant
    • Side Mechanic - Both are Mindlinked with a percentage of damage being shared on Recruit Mode
  16. Emperor

Emperor New Member

It needs to be nerfed, hard. I mean hong mentioned Seth... Seth went through several iterations to what we now have, and the twins should go through at least one. 3 full seconds is all that's needed between spawns.

There are too many reasons to list why, but personally... I'm going to get to the point where I'm going to not want to solo them anymore.
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Putting limits on Recruit mode changes nothing. They only appear in Recruit mode anyway. Everywhere else it is Seth.

Anyway, the biggest problem is that there is a bug with the respawn timer as per Bug List. Once that is fixed, they will likely become a lot easier to defeat.
    If not, the timer can be bumped up from 6 to 10 seconds, which should be more than enough time.

Note you don't want to kill one before focusing down the other. It is smarter to damage both to orange-red before killing any and to always ensure the 2 of them are near each other.

Even in rampage they move quite slowly if you keep a minimum distance. Their attack speed can kill quickly, but then again why would you run into an Agron's blades, right?

I must echo the sentiment that at 1700 average SR, people really ought to know how to play/teach. At that SR, at least 4 players in the game must be high SR vets, generally even 6. Below 1700, they don't respawn anyhow.

And to finish off, the Abandoned Mine is an *optional* mission. Noone is forcing you to do it, especially with a low player count or low DPS.
  18. David

David Well-Known Member

Explaining an organized team fight to a player with 500xp versus explaining it to someone who has never played before is quite different. The new player is overwhelmed with trying to remember to sprint, the hotkeys for his skills, etc. You can give him the best instructions in the world but he doesn't have the capacity to do it. Anyways, as stated above, if the respawn time is lengthened I have no issues. However, the way it is now, you might as well put a random chance of seth spawning because I'd rather fight seth than 1 second respawn Zeus and Leto.
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

1 second respawn is a bug and not intended like I said. No point griping about it mate.
  20. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Might be of topic but was the 100k troll dRyrAin and did he get demo?