X1 Gaurdian is OP

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lord NiteShade, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

So I tested in a pub today, and No, I was not player 1 with 36 talents. Anyways, using no weapons ever thats hold fire only I managed to get somewhere close to 1300 kills, lvl 14, and outkill even the overpowered host player using just my X1 and Overdrive.

Replay is attached, getting pics now.
    Also for pics, cutscenes break notd replays in SCII, but you can still watch my characters recorded kills on the team UI. Likewise you can watch me run around holding fire and not use any ammo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

RE: X1 Robot is OP

Ok :D
    well his bot lacks hp for higher games where a random ghoul could kill your X1
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Swoosh

Missed the point entirely.
  4. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

The point being that you're amazing with everything?
  5. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Or maybe, just maybe u should read the title of the thread. He's just saying engy is op, that is all. Why do ppl always assume the worst?
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Ok in summation. Since apparently we aren't "getting it."

1: The combat engineer has to high of a level gain.
    He soaks up FAR to much experience, which is irony because ever since the tower nerf, field engys have had hell to pay trying to level up. This is primarily because his X1 gives him full exp from its kills regardless of distance (as seen during military base in vid) and also because the X1 does not share experience with allies at all.

2: The X1 is vastly overpowered. It does the work (literally) of a combat rifleman. It uses no ammo, never reloads, is strong enough to take as much damage as most players (more with shield mode)and can fire on the move. This is all on top of its damage & splash.

3: Even the worst player becomes a monster when playing engineer. There are so many terrible combat engys in NA it makes my head spin. It takes zero micro, and since the class is 75% passives, has no skill curve. Its literally just put the bot on follow, and pewpew your gauss all game.

4: Even when the engineer does NOTHING, the X1 is still sufficient to outlevel other dps characters. Technically speaking I even outlvled player 1, who had maxed talents. When a Combat engineer only using his T1 skill (x1) for 80% of the game can outlvl (in terms of exp earned) an Assault with fully upgraded skills and good weapon usage, thats a huge imbalance. I'd also point I out don't have cp, which made me level slower than I could have. Having OD that much earlier would be that much more bullshit.
  7. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- Range increments for each Level of X-1 reduced. Now a constant 9 range instead of 9/10/11

X-1 Guardian should be sharing experience with allies within range. Please let me know if this isn't the case.
  8. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

combat engy has always been hilarious to me. I'm not great at it, but yeah, I'm almost always level 8 first, even in games with all combat engies.

By the way, how does assault have all those skills?
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Valentine's Day Glitch. Ability was doing new class tests and forgot to remove the excess talents when he'd finished.
  10. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

I need to try the engineer then. I'm terrible. Haha.
  11. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

Give the X-1 more actions so its more an asset then just a shiny tool that shoots for free.

Give a Cool down of some sorts saying the coils are over-heat. So that it won't shoot forever.
  12. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

Yeah i agree. I personally have never used the X-1 before, but that does sound like it would do the trick. Making it more, but still not so similar to the recon drone. The reaper seems very well balanced. It could still get a little strong, but it takes awhile.