Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clown, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

Too many people with same names. Ryan comes to mind and Leviathon... there's a few others floating around. Weird that bnet allows exactly identical screennames though.

[​IMG]
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Don't have the screenshot anymore, but had 3 Ghost in the channel and game before.
  3. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

Why does B.Net allow that now instead of it's old policy?
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Too many people QQ'd because they couldn't name themselves Ghost, and others QQ'd because the name they wanted was taken by someone who hadn't logged on in months.
  5. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

Hmm...will request that when we report hackers, we include the Character Code aswell
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

This plus the fact that new B.net doesn't care about just your username, it ID's people through character codes + name. So you can have 998 players with username "Ghost" as long as they all have different character codes, which I assume go from 001 to 999.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Goes higher now, they added 4 digit character codes, a few players on the forum have them.
  8. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Well none of the Ryan's are me. I have the Protoss executor portrait which is 250 wins in league games :)D)
  9. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Just this noticed: That is an extremely old screenshot because Hongbearr is in the NOTD channel and it has been forever since he has been in the channel.
  10. Dovakiin

Dovakiin New Member

nope, he's back recently, not sure for how long though.
  11. Ghostel

Ghostel New Member

And that's why i relieved that my nickname is Ghostel... otherwise it will be 4 ghosts in one chatroom ^^*
    Look on the other side! You can be a real ghost >.> blend in the chatroom and dissapear in the crowd... of ghosts. Oo
  12. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

That screen shot was taken today early in the morning EST.
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

This. Lyanden dragged him back.
  14. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw Hongbearr on Sunday night I believe. Samhaine hasn't logged on in a while though. And you missed Reina logging back on, Jercy. This was on that Saturday night when you got on Vent really drunk.
  15. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Interesting. Reina logs in every now and then.