Who will WIN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkullCapp, Apr 6, 2012.

1. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

In this thread, we will have a fun game. Just pick a unit from universe 1 verses unit from universe 2. Can be normal, can be hero, can villain, can be invidual, can be army, etc. Just pick a unit from 2 different universes.

It doesn't have to be battle to death, it can be battle of intelligence, battle of speed, fashion, break-dance, rap battle, etc etc, which ever make your boat float.

Person who answer the question have to make their own what vs what question. That mean each what vs what should have ONE answer.

Let the battle began!
    I'll start.

10 Protoss Zealots (SC) vs 15 Jedi Knights (Star War).
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Zealots. Clearly a Light-saber would be ineffective, especially when you consider that Zealots, essentially use two, and the armoring between them makes the difference. Chargelots shall prevail.

With that said...

FlintLckwood (NOTD) vs HunterIZ (NOTD Beta)

Death Match on NOTD NA Map.
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Hunter, no contest. He TRAINED most of the older NA vets.
  4. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

5. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Colossus (SC2) V Alien death machine from war of the worlds (war of the worlds)
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Colossus, all it has to do is run/hide until the Alien Death Machine gets sick and dies on his own. That and it outguns them with two alien death beams to one.

Zealot vs Link, from The Legend of Zelda.
  7. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

yes similar.[hr]
    I would say Zealot, because if shield can take punishment from bullets and psi blades, then it should have no problem against Link's sword.

Garrus the turian from mass effect
    Vs
    HK-47 from Star War
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Inquisitive Statement: Are you implying HK-47 is capable of losing to a sub-human meatbag?
  9. Emperor

Emperor New Member

That first one...

It depends if you're talking about film Jedi Knights or Expanded Universe Jedi Knights, and also the era. Luke Skywalker trains Jedi Knights to time travel. 'Nuff said.

Luke Skywalker himself is space jesus, capable of materializing solid objects, teleporting, the aforementioned time travel and hitting a guy so hard with lightning it melted the ship so he had to evacuate. Without a space suit, using the force to trap oxygen around him.

Luke's Jedi Order would ROFL hard at the Protoss for getting owned by the Zerg, I can only imagine that conversation.

Luke: What do you mean they found and destroyed your homeworld? Why didn't you just hide it?
    Artanis: Hide it?
    Luke: You know, use your psionic powers, equivalent to our force, to mask the entire planet from any form of detection?
    Artanis: ...

And then Luke to Kerrigan or Razsagal.

Luke: So you guys got mind controlled by the alien insectoid hive-mind? Why not just resist the brainwashing?
    Both of them: ... The fuck bruh.
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I would also have said Jedi Knights. What I'd have seen happening is exactly what happened to Luke in Cloud City.

"You don't have mastery of the force. I will just CHUCK THE ENTIRE ROOM AT YOU until you succumb to your injuries". Zealots don't seem to have any sort of psi powers to speak of. Other than that minor telepathic connection they have to talk to others. They'd sit there, futilely hacking away at stuff like binary loaders and hydrospanners being chucked at them in an endless barrage while the Jedi just laugh.
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Still powerless in the face of a Space Marine Psyker
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Presuming said Psykers don't destroy themselves.

... If there's one thing Dark Heresy games taught me is that ANY use of a Psychic Power is basically "Flip a coin... I'm dead". I have horrible luck with it.
  13. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zealot

After the Brood War, some zealots developed the ability to turn their body into pure energy for a few microseconds. This allows them to move at lightning-fast speeds and strike suddenly against an enemy that thinks they are out of range. (Charge)

In battle, zealots wield psionic blades channelled through forearm units in their power suits. Augmented by cybernetic implants, zealots also use their psionic powers to surround themselves with a plasma shield. Even a handful of zealots can easily control an entire colony of lesser species, as they are capable of tearing through armored structures and vehicles alike.

If you take into account, a small barrage of bullets constitutes 6 (Marine) damage in SC2, with lasers being 8 (Battlecruiser), it would take a long time to whittle them down by throwing them against a wall. They are much more powerful then a Human is. A Human in a Powersuit has 45~ 100 hp, and it should be noted that a zealot has a 100 health without such a bulky exosuit (Marauder vs Zealot comparison), and potent shielding that is superior to that of a human in a power suit (marine).

Given that Jedi are unarmored, and it seems highly unlikely that they can survive multiple hits. I'm not too knowledge-able on starwars, but I highly doubt being thrown against a wall is anywhere as fatal as being shot or clawed at.

And it doesn't say any special "heroic" figures, just Zealots vs Jedi's.
  14. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Jedi do wear armor.

More over, the some Jedi used to wield something similar to psi-blades as well, called Force blades, which were basically their force powers channeled into light saber form.

That reminds me of that time I read about Mephiston overcoming his gene flaw and going super saiyan on some Orks with his fists, which reminded me of the time Mace Windu used to fight droids with his fist, which made me think, "lol, everything is turned up to 11 in WH40K".

Also, as for HK-47 and Garrus, Garrus would just use Overload.
  15. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Jesus vs Raptor Jesus.
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

... some of that information always struck me as inherently.... hinky.

For example: The "Turns into pure energy" thing. The Charge Upgrade is clearly indicated as some bionic leg thing in game. It doesn't even really look like a "pure energy" thing really, as a graphical representation. The only real suggestion that there is any energy involved is a slight blur trail. I'm pretty sure that the original StarCraft said something about Charge like "Upgrades Zealot's with bionic leg implants" or something instead of "Psychic Energy Transportation Technique".

I kinda doubt that the Shields are necessarily Psychic Powered. I always figured they were a device. Mostly because the shields exist on units that are clearly stated as not having any Protoss involved in them. Pure robots like the Probe, Observer, Carrier's Interceptors, etc. which are explicitly stated as not having a Protoss inside/aboard them. So Plasma Shields makes a poor basis for arguing power psychic powers.

Also, Jedi get to "Bullet Time" in hand to hand combat. In so far that hand to hand death droids designed purposefully for the point of being far beyond the capabilities of any human or alien to match physically are nothing but chumps to even a half trained Jedi.

They have the reflexes to bounce and reflect bullets/lasers mid fight, where Zealots just take it on the chin because they can't dodge/block them. Speed and agility counts for a lot. And they certainly get the edge in that advantage. All sorts of weird mobility they can do, Superman style "Jump over a building in a single bound" and stuff. Combined with the ability to turn the entire battlefield into a weapon...

*shrug* There's a big difference between "Got shot by a bullet" and "Had a building dropped on top of me".
  17. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Force Push can also be far more than throwing someone against the wall, it can actually be a push, rather than a throw. Jedi don't often use it that way, but Darth Vader used to push so hard he severed multiple wookie skulls from their spines at the moment of contact, then they flew 50 meters. He was mad.

Also they can see the future, so unless the battle start with them face to face, the Jedi would probably win. Unless there was a dark-side god or ancient Sith mummy-ghost blocking their powers.
  18. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Terratron vs thor.
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Terratron. Bullet Hell Bosses always win against units too large to fit into the one space on the screen that isn't instant death. Not to mention too slow to get there...

Now a single VF-1S Valkyrie... and he's burnt toast.

Matt Ward vs George Lucas: Contest on who can fuck with beloved characters and concepts more.
  20. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Ward.

My jaw dropped while I was perusing the Lexicanum and chanced upon the changes to the Necron shit. It's even worse when it's summarized for the sake of wiki-ness and copyright.

GODDAMN ANTIQUING NECRON LORD. C'TAN SHARDS.