Where did you get your gamer name from?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissHumpz, Feb 7, 2013.

1. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I've always been intrigued in the variety of gamer names/gamer tags people have. There's a bizarre choice of word combinations, odd spellings, use of capital letters and even some where they don't even use a gamer analyse at all. They are many who have interesting stories about their gamer names and I am curious to know the stories behind them. :)

Here's just a quick skim over my own gamer name and why ^-^
    My gamer tag is at least roughly 8-9 years old. It was originally Lil Miss something else which I cannot recall. But it was changed to Lil Miss Humpz when the embarrassing hit single by Black Eyed Peas, 'My Humpz' was released in late 2005, and I have been with it stuck ever since.
    I've been using it gaming well and truly before StarCraft II was released as I'm sure most of you have. The first online game I ever played was Call of Duty 2 and eventually started playing it pretty competitively. I got involved with a number of CoD clans, particapted in the CyberGamer clan skrims/matches as the CoD progressed through its sequels. (CyberGamer is a huge player-based competition for competitive gamers for various games based in Australia).
    Their website: http://www.cybergamer.com.au/
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  2. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

JAW has been my tag since I was a little kid (around 8) and my dad took me to the local arcade. JAW is my initials. I wanted to keep it the same as I grew up (I'm 20 now), so people would know it was me who was kicking their ass. Over time I've had to accept things like JAW001, JAW_THE_KILLER, JAWapproved, and a few others, but JAW has always been at the root of my screen name. The first game I really played online was WC3, and I never got into the ladder stuff, but I loved the customs.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I am unoriginality the temporary name.

You can Google any of my user names and find where I got them from.

On SC1 I had an absurd number of them, Servant-Saber, Servant-Arturia, Arturia being the last three (changed roughly every 2 ~ 4 months).

Never was able to establish a single identity for myself.
  4. Unwashed Otaku

Unwashed Otaku New Member

Mine came from an old anime convention forum. I was always active on it and posted alot. And I did a review of Otaku no Mentry (This is Otakudom): An inside look at Otakon. After the review My forum title went from Newbie to "Unwashed Otaku" and the name has stuck ever since. it's tied to my Xbox Gamertag/Emails. the whole 9 yards. It's actually become an online RP persona. I can't get away from it as much as I'd like to.

UO
  5. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Got it from my Command and Conquer Clan. I was originally MisterMo or MisterM0 but since my caln had the maintheme wolves i neede to find a name with Wolf in it. since all the classics like Ysengrim or Fenrir etc were takin i had no other idea i went for
    TheWolf[Mo]
    aaand sicne SC2 doesnt allow [ and ] in names i just switched only TheWolf
  6. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Hmmm, well during my stay in L.A one summer I got this really cute Domo doll, which is my user picture with my glasses on them. He like my glasses holder during the night, I like the sound of "Domo" so I chose it for my Sc2 name.
  7. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

This username was inspired by the stupid shenanigans me and my friends did and kiddingly the name evbhwyatt kinda stuck, just abbreveated is all. EVeryBodyHatesWyatt :p got bore so name changed to FoeHammer cause ima nerd and read the halo books repeatedly.
  8. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i used to play ace combat games a ton and while playing 5 your characters Callsign is Blaze and well i liked it and quickly adopted it as my moniker
  9. Unwashed Otaku

Unwashed Otaku New Member

Best AC game ever. IMHO

Hijacking thread over!
  10. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

To some extent you have, Arturia = Saber.
    MaiWaifu or something?
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

No I don't have a waifu. I picked things that I am different from. Saber would be a foil of me or vice versa.
  12. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Well, my current name actually started with sc2. Names have been something I have been bad at all my life. In BW my name was just a variation of my cousin's, and well, I decided that that won't due for sc2. Well he also told me "hell no you are not using that" I had a few other names I was thinking about all but one of them, I am glad in hindsight I stuck with this one. From childhood, well, I never really played online games, so I didn't have any from there. Every now and then I might go as "Condor" but now I try to stick with my current so if someone recognizes me in a different game, it is in fact I, QuantumMech, from starcraft 2.
  13. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Laziness + lack of creativity is pretty awesome. Yuey is basically my first name with a y tacked onto the end because I liked the sound of it and is probably my first gamer tag that I use for multiple games. Before this I had "darealme" in gunbound because of friends trolling about and creating a "dareal" clan with themed names and "chinarushguy" in CnC Generals online play because I like to reveal the only thing I can actually do properly in that game. Other than that I mostly played LAN games before SC2 (read: Pirated games ahoy!) where the gamer name didn't really matter.
  14. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

I was called ApathySkull in SCI, but changed to SkullCapp for SCII. It was actually inspired by my favorite hat. A hat with picture of skull. Skulls have been fascinating objects to me. Later, changed to SkeletonRB with RB being root beer, my favorite soda.
  15. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Got mine from a TV show I used to watch when I was really young called Robot Wars. One of the robots on it was known as Thermidor 2 and the robot and the name has stuck in my head ever since.

Here's a pic of Thermidor 2:
    [​IMG]

When I tried registering for an account on wikia (so I could keep track of my edits better on the notd wiki), the username Thermidor was taken. So I just added 64 on the end because that was the first number that came into my head that rhymed with Thermidor.
  16. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

ERH MAH GERD!!!

I used to LOVE watching Robot Wars on tv when I was teenie weenie! Its a shame its no longer aired, was such a great tv series idea :)

[​IMG]
    I remember Razer being my favourite! ( linky link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razer_(robot) )
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  17. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Razer was simply awesome! Loved the crushing beak.
  18. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be Axiszer0, randomly decided after a maths lesson during secondary school (and introduction to the net).

People think its based on zeroing in, a term used in firearms, because of my old scorecard using the M16, due to triangulation results (3 bullets hitting 0.1cm away from each other) and the possibility of being the most sadistic sniper in my batch.
  19. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

I've had the nickname "Moe" since 5th grade. Contrary to what most think, I didn't get it from Simpsons, Pep Boys or whatever else. A friend of mine just randomly said one day, "You look like a Moe." It's stuck ever since haha.

I've always tried to use Moe as my gamertag on everything first, but as expected, it is usually taken. I came up with "AuxiliaryCow" on Xbox Live when the 360 first came out. Before that, oh god, ZeroMechanism. I don't even know where I got that from to be honest. I was lucky enough to get Moe on Starcraft II when I got it the day it was released.

This makes me realize how long I've been playing video games. O_O
    The first game I played to great measures was probably Starcraft I and Diablo II.
  20. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Interesting ways to come up with all of your handles.