What's your favorite class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Extifer, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Since we have a most hated class thread, I decided to start the most favourite class thread?

Anyways, I guess I'll start by saying that my one of my most favourite classes is the Barksman (yes this is what I call the Marksman). One of the reason being is because the character model has some of the most badasses phrases such as "Now that's an Ass Whoopin". I also like the barksman because its one of the few classes where both trees are fun to play although I do tend to play one a lot more over the other.

For Instance If you play Ass Barksman, its pretty fun to use Osok and one shot stalkers,Agrons, and other high profile targets should they get up in your face as opposed to running away.

On the other hand if you play Sub Barksman, its pretty neat that your playing a class tree that enables you to significantly survive better than a lot of the other classes, while still being able to deal a significant amount of damage to mobs and bosses with the right weapons and damage modifiers.

I also like Barksman because its one of the very few classes that doesn`t need any rework if there are even any. There could be some slight improvements, but nothing like a complete overhaul like what happened to some of the other classes.

Note to some of the regular NA NOTD players I play with: I`m off NOTD for the complete month of April due to my Thesis presentation to my Faculty in the next week and the upcoming exams I have. I`ll be checking up on forums daily though to keep myself updated with the community.
  2. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

RE: What`s your most favourite class?

Engineer, except in nm because of my bad luck or fate just plain hate me whenever I go Engineer in nm game. I like probe as I can just spawn probe and it can take enemy hit while I run away. I like X1 because of it's shell mode and use terrain to advantage and hold off bunch of ghouls and zombies. I like Boomshot, because it save my life over 9000 times. I like towers, because I can block players and enemies, plus fun way to troll players and stun enemies in radius. I like nexus, because of MC and I alway want to mc parasites, but no, players gotta kill em all. I like Overdrive, because it screamed DESTRUCTION! Also, because of Pathfinder.
  3. squish

squish Well-Known Member

...okay Michael J. Caboose. you can go nap now.

Anyways... demo is my fave. Something about getting 2 shield armor, buying an xs-4, and an hcm, and 2 arcs, and a shotty... and outleveling EVERYBODY.. idk.
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Hard pressed. Either Recon or Flamethrower. Flamethrower has a bit more novelty because I seldom get to play it. Kids these days are too busy cheesing up survival to play Alpha Company for the most part. The downside is that most teams will bitch, piss, and moan unless you go Order. And while I do agree Order is damned useful it's not like Pyro is necessarily a kick to the nuts, and a good Pyromancer can put in enough work to be worth his slot on the squad.

Recon is just... everything is useful. No matter what build you go, I always find something about it that helps out the team. While I'm not as much of a rogue operative MobCon at nature I still play it well. I was glad to help people see the light and that SurvCon was not "NoobCon" and "Useless except for SS" as experienced players kept telling me after I came back.

Most classes there is something I enjoy doing and have a lot of fun with. These two just barely cut above the others.
  5. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

For me, it's either FO or operations commando.

It just seems so awesome to kill large hordes with artillery. Air is just fun and I'm not sure why but it is. Nukemando is mega dps with surg+adr and when nukes get involved...
  6. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Psi ops is my favourite!

Except when i force push someone into a dangerous situation accidently. CoughMSluiterintotheGOTBcough
  7. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

opcomm or FO or PF and marksman
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Heh. Just noticing that so far other than I, it's all upper end classes that people are picking.
  9. Ryan III

lol i forgot to add medic fyi
  10. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Tank classes, with a burning passion for flamethrower. Let's just say some men just like to watch the world burn.

And I'm one such man.
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

*fistbump my Flamethrowering Brother*
  12. Ryan III

my motto as flamer:
    FAITH BEFORE FIRE
  13. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

FO.

Because shoop da art or gunship.
  14. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Fistbump. >:)
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Pathfinder. I designed that class (originally the Blackwatch Mercenary) not as a fix for anything in particular (such as the Technician or the Delta Commando), but to just design something that I would enjoy playing. I like risk vs. reward style play, hard and fast kinda stuff. Something that means that the game is a challenge but incredibly satisfying to complete. It ended up being that the skills and their in-game effects fell nicely in line with that of the Engineer, so I suggested that the Pathfinder replace the Engineer in Apollo Sec, and... it ended up happening.
  16. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

I loved my Counter-Terrorism class and last semester I enjoyed my Macroeconomics class. Such fun classes to learn in.

...Oh wait, that type of class...

Operations Commando [followed by the discontinued Subtlety Commando], then perhaps Mobility Recon, Tank Flamethrower, or Psi Ops. Still not sure how I feel about the Delta Commando because I miss KMS too much.

I better quit trolling while I'm ahead, otherwise Shooz might get to banning me. After all he is the Banninator because

User has been banned for this post.
  17. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

18. TsukinoUsagi

TsukinoUsagi Well-Known Member

Trapper Rifleman and OSOK MM are my fave classes ^^.
  19. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Field Engineer (until towers were castrated)

and

Assassination Marksman (because I love the mono-filament cartridge)

for I am a good boy ^_^
  20. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

probably teleport-tree pathfinder, puppydog tech, and both trees assault.