What you would like to see in NOTD Version 2 (2012)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Reaper, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Same as the old one, I just ask that Ability or a Moderator please make an edit of this post as to address the purpose of this thread should I have missed something.

This thread is for suggestions and ideas for Night of the Dead in Summer of 2012, things that can help make Night of the Dead better by adding more content or making changes to others.
    Suggestions are not to be about. . .
    -Nerf boss X because...
    -Increase the damage of X because...
    There were a few others but I am striking a blank. :huh:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Members would remember I suggested that depending on the mode and storyline of the game, certain areas of the game would become inaccessible as to reduce or increase game time.

Something I want to suggest is that game time for the different storylines be increased.

Easy Company - 1H 25M. Easy Company is solid as it is being the most complete and content filled storyline of them all and as being the first the simplest.

Alpha Company - 1H 35M. Currently Alpha Company is alot shorter than Easy Company with it even being able to be speeded in Nightmare Mode with ease. Its not that it is not hard enough, it is just merely short.

Apollo Security Team - 1H 45M. There is room here for lots of new content as the AST has the most potential of the 3 storylines for exciting and complex content. AST is a very long game some would say but the thing that makes it so long is the massive amount of time spent scouting the map for the right items to deal with situations mainly at the very start of the game. If it is however done in all haste and there is no dawdling among the missions AST can be done within 1 hour and less for Path A and 1 hour and 10 minutes or less for Path B.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

RE: What would you like to see in NOTD Version 2 (Summer 2012)

I find speeding EC NM a lot more difficult than the other storylines personally. A lot more risky especially if you don't find the right armor and don't have your tank levelled sufficently for Eggs or Comm/Rec for nydus.
    EC gets very easy post Ere2 but is very intense between MB up until Ere2
    My best guess is that in EC conventional methods (high levels) count for a lot more than weaponry and skill.
    In AC/Sec having a high level helps, but bosses are not very tankable (well ignoring MotM tech) and you are not in any extreme hurry to do things because the next mission will trigger upon you in X seconds.
  3. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

I'd like to see something more with shops, not just colors and pets (Colors don't even work on certain classes :3), and above all, the so many lighting I have been making implemented.

Also a better and more quality ending for all three stories, atm EC ending is just Ivan doing a psionic shot at Bergman who, to my horror, has zerg organs splashed out when he dies XD.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Yeah, I felt the Alpha Co ending was a bit strange. The new one has more than 1 Bops but still you are kind of left with "huh what happened to alpha" even after playing EC.
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I'd like to see more in the way of instructional videos, guides, and community efforts to bring in newbies. It clearly has not worked to appeal to the players' better nature in terms of helping people out (when I decide to give a newbie tips and help them out, it's a whole lot more common for other vets in the game to start joking around, contradicting me, trolling, making fun of the newbie, and just generally making my job harder than actually helping me to help the newbie. I would suggest some kind of incentive (xp, karma, medal wise) for having newbies survive to the end. (possible replacement for dsm?)

I would also like to see weekly or monthly cross-server competitions.

Agree with improved endings and more permanent aesthetic stuff in the shop. (colored animations for shooting, different titles like doctor, more insignias similar to black ops, etc)
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I think bringing a large help compendium into the game's inbuilt F12 Help section would be a good start. Make it wiki-like and very indepth.
    Players who are dead or who are interested can read it all and digest and learn things that they wouldn't otherwise.
  7. Reaper

I would like to see at the end of Easy Company the corpse of Erebos gets revisited and from his carcass bursts forth. . .

[align=center]Chaos
    (The nothingness from which all else sprang)
    [​IMG]
    "I told you - This is not yet over."[/align]

@Ghost: Ive been barking for something like for a long time. Me wants an Information Database but there are concerns that it would either increase the size of bankfiles or the map itself.
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

It wouldn't increase bank files unless you wanted to store if someone has viewed something or is eligible to view something.
    At most it would increase map size, but not by a lot I would think as it is really all just text.
  9. Reaper

It will increase bank file size if you want to deny or allow players to certain pieces of information. Doesn't help you never faced a boss or an enemy and you can read all about them in the game. (Do not now say "players who never played the game or who are new can visit the Wiki")

As for map size, you can try and reason with the boss, I've tried on several occasions and will still keep trying for it.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Hm well.
    The Help section could be made to tailor depending on what storyline you chose and how far in the game you are.

Afterall we can have the map change at a whim depending on story pick and some tips don't show up in F12 until a new player has reached a certain point in the map.

On the very basic level though, some information could be Xp restricted which would not require explosion of bank sizes as the mapscript simply checks if you got enough XP for "clearance"

But I mean that is really just for story and zombie purposes.
    Stuff like weaponry, tactics, items, classes etc should be available to everyone and that is the main focus of the Help Section, not to provide a step-by-step walkthrough of how to play each storyline.

----
    Replace Seth in Apollo Sec and Easy Co, and survival (it already has its own Seth)
    Currently he just seems a bit like Erebos, and constantly returning. Might as well give him the erebos "I shall return" when he dies :p

Have EC vet+ still spawn newbie mode stuff but tougher and find a suitable replacement for Sec.
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

How do you fight him in alpha if he died to sec team, and how do you fight him in ec if he died to alpha or sec team? I would suggest that somehow the mining shaft missions in those campaigns has something to do with how seth got to in the mining shaft. (as in, sec team there's something completely different in the mining shaft and either they or HAL put seth there to guard something, and alpha you fight a stronger seth (with different abilities) who is guarding the shaft until he gets scared and hurt and jumps in.
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

That is what I said I think :p
    Essentially only Alpha has Seth, Sec and EC have something else.
  13. Reaper

I'm up for the idea of replacing Seth with something else in the Apollo Security Team.

My suggestion is something that controls the subterranean network of worms throughout Apollo. A very mean, tough armored sub-boss that attacks with melee but does have a devastating ranged attack that it releases every few seconds.

The name can be Selene "Titan of the Moon" or Styx "Titan of the Underworld" as she goes deep into the crust of the moon and creates massive caverns in where several of the creeps are hatched. A true place of hell should players have seen it. Seth can be a Black Ops warmachine sent into the caverns to collapse them using the Plasma Charge he has.
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

We can use one of the bosses from my ooooooooold suggestion for the end of Alpha Company for Apollo Sec Team.

[hr]

Scylla

Body is invulnerable
    1.8ms
    101 Damage
    0 Armor Reducion
    1.0 Attack Speed
    Melee Range

Minimum 5,000 health per head
    Heroic Biological Massive
    5 Armor
    30 Damage Per Hit
    3 Armor Reduction
    2 Attack Speed
    9 Range
    Each hit pulls unit towards Scylla by 2-3 (not sure how it will balance)

[hr]

A six headed hydra, each head with it's own health pool and independent attack. It's similar to Seth in that it requires team coordination. At any given time, two of the heads will be enraged, glowing red and attacking slightly faster, and the heads that are enraged will randomly change every few seconds. If an enraged head is killed, it is permadead. If marines were to kill one of the heads that weren't enraged, then it would just respawn at full health.

To make the fight less boring, each time a head attacks a marine, it creates a "pull" effect. If a Marine gets caught in Melee range of Scylla, they'll not likely survive unless Scylla is quickly stunned or the Marine saved by other means of intervention. If demo is removed from Sec Team, there will be no taunt to take Scylla's attention off of melee-range squishies so stuns and luck will be about the only way to save someone who let themselves get pulled in.
  15. Reaper

[align=center]A Prologue[/align]

Nothing too fancy or on a major scale such as the 3 other storylines. All that this is to cover is the very conception of the infestation and we as the players have the grand and rare opportunity to play as the Black Ops where we go about triggering/attempt to prevent the outbreak.

How it can work is players can hide/disguise themselves as colonists and move about unseen and should they need to switch to their Black Ops gear. It will give players a chance to look at how Apollo was before the outbreak, full of life and no panic.

From this opening story we can learn as to how Athena was captured perhaps or how Hades was seeded into Apollo and fight the sinister experiments of Dr. Bergmann.
  16. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Maybe some new classes (something completely different, I will try firing up my creativity generator (if it hasn't died yet) someday and churn out something) new weapons, and most of all, cheaper color mod.
  17. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

You know I'm always up for coming up with some inane idea for a new class. Love 'em, hate 'em. Least they were out there and hopefully inspired better ideas. Or at least showed people what NOT to do.

New weapons are always nice. One that pops into my head would be something like a Carbine. Mid ranged single shot weapon. Small splash, decent single target damage, light weight, switch and reloading time between Gauss Rifle and Pistol. Ideally something to use for Runner characters other than point blank weaponry that currently gets used by them, shotguns, SMGs, Pistols.
  18. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Shiva on the Steroids that Stinger got.

New Classes, New Weapons.

Personally, I want to see Peera's Map being used, as it looked epic from just the little screen shots hes shown of it.

I think it would be important however, that it gets more optimized, i.e. Faster, Smoother & Better in function. I know that theres a lot of Triggers, Scripts etc. in NOTD, but a performance boost is primarily what I want to see, then New Classes & Weapons.

[hr]
    I think another mode similar to Survival, Except a Boss Bash would be interesting. Assemble a team, (10K+), enter the game mode, and get to face off against the bosses (And Mini Bosses) one by one, with each successive boss kill rewarding the players EXP, Rating, Credits, and Supply Drops. The Boss Bash goes from Easy Company to Alpha then Apollo Co Bosses in that order.

Would be a rather interesting game.

(Tartarus --> Eil --> Erebos 1 & 2 --> Zeus & Loki --> Seth --> Queen --> Demeter --> Cronus --> Cerebus --> Ivax --> Perses --> Deimos --> Tartari Rush --> Nazara --> Apoptis --> Hephastues --> Athena --> Hades --> Hades 2)
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Particularly if you start at level 1. And basic equipment. If the bosses retain their normal storyline abilities and stats that could end up being much harder than the current survival.
  20. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Well, you get the Typical Initial Air-drop from The Easy Company Mine Site. You would get a few minutes(Around 3~5) to scavenge supplies (No enemies, not to be a survival imitation), with all doors Opened initially, at which point a boss would spawn (Center of map). Tartarus would make for a good starting one, because unless he is dealt with quickly, you would be facing a huge fat guy running like the Guardian of the Beta, and you are pretty much forced to have to engage him or risk that.

Ideally they would have story-line abilities. Actual Chronological Sequence rather then order of unlock may be another possibility.

The Primary issue is though, after the first story/chapter, provided the team survives, you now steam-roll the next bosses initially. Deimos vs March, TTD, Firewall, Nuke, Bogey, Nano-Sear, Overdrive, Inferno, Air Strike, Gunship, all the good stuff would be a moment of pure ownage.

With all things considered, Certain Boss Mechanics would get overthrowned radically, Certain tree's become unusable (Field Engie & Submando kinda get the short-end here).

Personally, I think FO should be able to call in a Resupply of Shells(100~300) for a decent amount of an energy cost, like, 80~120 energy on a long Cooldown. It looks so odd the Techie can rip off so much of his suit, Demo can build so many mines etc. yet hes the only one that actually got a limited amount.

Of course, this isn't like a final version or anything, its only a thought.