What is this clan unit?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Nicarco, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

What is this can unit? And how do I join?
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Funny you should ask that. It's a clan comprised of a smaller group of people (probably a little more than 30) that have all been playing NOTD for either a very long time or because they've got an exceptional skill level.

The Tryout is difficult for some and it tests a lot of levels of play. You're voted in by panel after the test where the clan will decide depending on your attitude toward others, cohesiveness for any team, drive to succeed, player skill level, ability to lead, if you're what we're looking for in a member.

For some being a part is easy, for others, they've had to try out multiple times. Some just don't get tested because of the clan's member's opinions of a person from what has been seen.

A lot of the most influential players found on the Wiki, Forum, Vent, and lurking SCII, are members.
  3. Osaze

Osaze Well-Known Member

We run test games every now and then. Be expected to confidently lead (LEAD) a team through a nightmare game. You don't have to win, but we do grade upon ability to actually lead the team and knowledge of the game. We also look at teaching ability, because first and foremost we were setup to train new players to be better. Contact me if you see me online to setup a time to do a tryout. (THIS IS OT AN OPEN CALL FOR ANY DICK/TOM/JANE TO SPAM ME WITH MSGS)[hr]
    oh and shooz beat me to the answer :p
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

I'm good like that.
  5. Sicpric

Sicpric New Member

I've been wondering about clans within the NOTD community for some time as well. I would like to try-out, but I have a few questions first:

Does the clan function as an autonomous unit?

Is there any requirement of play times? I have an odd work schedule and sometimes I'm able to NOTD binge for four days, other times I can only play once or twice a week.
  6. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

I've been interested myself, but my utter lack of Nightmare experience (I know somethings about NM, but...) has held-up my request for a tryout. (That and I still make pubhero mistakes from time to time :p)
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

What do you mean by autonomous unit? We do have a leader and are technically separate from NOTD, but all of our members have come from the NOTD community. I have no idea if that just answered your first question.

No required play times. As NOTD isn't PvP we don't actually compete with other clans, so there are no required events.

You should definately try out. First of all, it's a great learning experience. Second, the difficulty level of your tryout is based upon your experience level. Knowledge of the game is probably the LEAST important criteria for joining. At the very least, you'll get a chance to play some nightmare games with quality players, and have them critique your playstyle.

Everyone makes mistakes. NiteShade regularly nukes people, and earlier this week Shooz killed thelok at the military base because thelok "moved somewhere someone was likey to attack-move" and Shooz was at the height of surgical strike and adrenaline.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Or you can be like me and mistake a hostile slasher for a friendly one. All kinds of fun things happen.
  9. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Send me a message in SCII or here on the forums if you wish to join. We will first play a few games with you and if we see potential then we will give you a tryout. And you don't have to lead a NM game, most members have led Vet games in their tryouts.
  10. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

To add onto what Ozy said, joining and being in the Clan is more about learning how to improve your play and about having fun. You learn how to lead, whether or not you actually gravitate towards taking command of a group. In fact, one could say that you learn how to learn, but that's what college is for.

In regards to the question about time commitment, there really is no time commitment. For example, you have ArcanePariah and Jercy who seem like they are always online. On the other side of the spectrum, I play about 1 to maybe 2 days each week or every other week due to time constraints. Basically, you play when you can/want to play.

I've played with you before Sicpric, so I'd be happy to take part in the game if you decide to tryout. Have not played with you yet, Waves_Blade, but I'd be happy to take part in your game as well. Message Shooz, Jercy, or Osaze if you want to have a tryout.
  11. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Hey guys. What's a clan?
    There's try outs? No way.
    I absolutely do not believe that exists! And its not just because I asked to try out over a year ago or anything. Nope.
  12. Osaze

Osaze Well-Known Member

We decided you were too much for us, and that your sun would eclipse all but the select.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what happened. It might have been one of the times when the changes so pissed us off that we began to play other things.
  13. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

o.o

oooooo now i understand what this is .
  14. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

A 3-4 weeks ago, I suggested that we run your tryout when we had a full game of clan members and you present. Other people wanted to do Apollo NM or Survival or something like that. Osaze is probably right though about alot of people raging and then wanting to play something else when we should have run your tryout. I'm gonna place the responsibility of setting up your tryout with Osaze and Jercy. Because I'm the generous-sharing type.
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Good news everyone! Last night I found the sweet spot in my window and played a pub with Lucid lag-free. I should be able to aid in the trying of the outs.
  16. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Yeah, there's definitely no time commitment, we have our own channel we join to meet up and often play games with each other, but you're free to play whatever, with whoever, whenever (well avoid hackers as per usual). When we have enough of us on, we like to play a "clan game" - all 8 members from the clan, but quite often we grab people from the NOTD channel. I joined to expand my group of good players I liked playing with. That was back in September which makes me one of the newer members. The clan is mostly very experienced people so they're great to learn from, but you don't have to be experienced necessarily to join. Ozy joined up when he less than 2k xp for example.
  17. TheSilenced

TheSilenced New Member

is there a SEA version of this o0?
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

No. Hell, we harbor some SEA refugees.
  19. Shooz
    • Donator

20. fox

fox New Member

[​IMG]

A lot of SEA players got stuck in NA few weeks ago thanks to Blizzard's brain dead patch strategy...

There is currently no official "clans" for sea, just private groups or "circles." We set up private games with bunch of friends/regulars.