What happens after Apollo? [And questions not about Apollo]

Discussion in 'Universe' started by Stereo, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

They're both Black Ops groups, but as I stated above, Black Ops is full of subfactions.
    I haven't figured out what I'm doing with them.
  2. Yukitaka Oni

Yukitaka Oni Member

- you.....are....the...leader....of....UGC....?
  3. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

If I imagined Kithrixx anywhere in the NOTD lore, it'd be as a high ranking member of the Black Ops. But this is not that thread. (http://notdstarcraft.com/threads/notd-who-and-what-are-you-in-the-world-of-sc2-notd.1267)

[Keith looked at the monitor, eyes wide in disbelief. He stared at the operator. "Not this again..." he sighed. He withdrew from the monitor, taking a moment to gather himself. "Come up with something that makes us look good, and do it fast. Odds are, some wiseguy reporter is gonna try and chase this."]

Are these Black Ops factions under the same organization, but are fighting to be sit at the top of this organization? Or are there different organizations for these subfactions that all fall under the same mission statement?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No, I'm the lead designer of NOTD 2. This also means that I'm the writer, which means I decide the fate of the various characters.

Nonsense. It clearly says in the first response to that thread that I'm a skeleton.

Yes, for one reason or another. More detail will be revealed in time, but for now I'll leave you an interesting tidbit of information: the various Black Ops divisions are officially sanctioned by the UGC, but they're not necessarily allied with them.
  5. Yukitaka Oni

Yukitaka Oni Member

So you are Jesus of the night of the dead world? (I see what you did there)
  6. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Allied with the UGC, or each other?
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes.
  8. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Theory on Naz, moved to the appropriate thread.

Naz was built by brainiacs in the RnD department of the UGC military, piggy backing off the Moon's lack of laws involving ethics and red tape originally present on Earth. That being things related to maintaining identity and humanity, and all of those individualistic things.

I believe it was being used to further subjugate the populace through the Compliance Nexi (Potentially being the thing that was able to reduce the populace to their idle state, allowing the infestation to spread rampant). Sort of an extension of the Compliance Nexi, built solely for the purpose of acting as a sentinel to, when the time calls for it (such as the wide spread lawlessness of Earth in 2041) turn everyone into docile zombies to be turned back into working citizens.

While the Compliance Nexi in itself have the same power, I think that Naz is the officiator. Once the theoretical crap hit the fan, Naz did not recognize the threat properly, and treated it as a riot. Its course of action was to thus make everyone docile. Allowing the infestation to spread, which is something Naz, along with no other AI, was programmed to handle or recognize.

Or HAL hijacked Naz's ability to do this?