what happened to ogi

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by zander, Mar 29, 2012.

1. zander

zander Member

when did we decide on ogi not having the sg anymore
    i wasnt paying attention probably but why did we take out his sg and leave him with just a cb
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Hmm... Not sure if Ability planned it this way,

but...
    Certain members of the Black Ops have expressed concerns that Ogi in recruit was helping the guy who he follows (usually some guy who ends up leaving the team just to get ogi) get too much kills when he's a really selfish person already.

Not sure if Ability implemented this idea though.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

in recruit ogilvy is now a "tip-giver" for newbies rather than a way for people to whore kills and xp.
  4. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Guess he did implement it then.

Ogi/Ivan should be normal outside of recruit.
  5. zander

zander Member

wait so he only doesnt have the sg in recruit??? i only played 2 games today i noticed the 2nd game ogi only had a cb
  6. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

It's in the changelog.
    Ogi no longer has sg in recuit, replaced with informative tips so people in recruit don't get all selfish about him.

Should be normal outside recruit, like I said.
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Count yourself lucky it had a Crowbar even then?

Though to be honest Og is a rat bastard and just tears Newbie Mode a new one. Leads to bad teamwork. Contributes little to the experience of the game. Supports the bad habits of bad players. The supposed "role" he is supposed to have, helping Field Aid Medics level isn't really required as long as the Medic actually sticks with her team since she gets that huge bonus on shared kill XP.

The only real purpose and bonus I see Og give Newbie Mode (Which isn't a terrible idea like letting a Recon go Rogue all game), is making you immune to Troll Huggers out of the Abandoned Mineshaft. And I'm not even going to really say that is good thing. If your team is disorganized and bad enough to fail to the Huggers, you deserve it.
  8. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

getting away from the original question, but is ogi supposed to issue tips in non-recruit mode as well? played an alpha and he was saying things like use your knife when zombies get close.

i know it's minor, but having these newbie tips appear instead of the funny, over-the-top predictions of death is a bit strange.
  9. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Probably not.
    Though I think Ogi could use a few more lines.
    Develops his character and the story line more.
  10. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

Ivan the sexual troll and ogi the.. uhm.. captain obvious? XD
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Now I want to see Og get a "Cows go moo!" line when the zombie cow hex is nearby.
  12. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Olgivy is now the perfect "Tanks Best Friend..."
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

remove the crowbar too.[hr]
    and make him immortal.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

He has become Lt Sheng.
  15. HamCient

HamCient New Member

Why not simply disable ogy totally from ec recruit so no one gets ogy at all.

This would force everyone to share tips (those with more xp to teach those newbies) and also to force the team to stick together ?
  16. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

While many, many threads have come and gone about teaching newbies, I think this is the first time someone has advocated forcing people to teach - we're here to play, not teach. Those that teach are commended for helping out, but eventually we all tire of people ignoring or criticizing us for teaching and stop giving out all but the most basic or necessary tips.
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Actually, considering that the Mineshaft shits about 30 huggers in total, it's kind of a bullshit event and all but the most organized teams usually end up hugged at least for a minute solid while the minis/og/ivan/X-1 shoot the huggers to death.
  18. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

All you need is a trapper or mobrec for mine huggers really.

With Ogi having CB only, it has actually made Mines easier.
  19. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Shotty was more OP; the stun effect could break hugger's channel, and let a person maybe cause some havoc in the ~ 1 second they are un-hugged.
  20. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Stun effect makes them actually hug, too.

Usually they'd just run for 5 seconds and die within that time.

Also I'm kind of glad. Every time I picked up Ogi in newb mode out of habit, I kick myself because I remember how annoying he is.