What Events Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Events' started by MissHumpz, Jun 12, 2014.

?

Which kind of events would you like to see more of?

1. Party Night

22 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Movie Night

9 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. A NOTD Tournament

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. NOTD Challenge games

23 vote(s)
    33.8%
  5. NOTD Chaos Speed games

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  6. NOTD all 1 class games

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
  7. OTHER (please specify)

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

So I'm just making a poll to get feedback from the community to know what kind of events they would like more of, that consists of:

• Party Night
    • Movie Night
    • A NOTD Tournament
    • NOTD Challenge games (e.g. complete sec without a tech and other challenges)
    • NOTD Chaos Speed games (i.e. complete each storyline as fast as possible)
    • NOTD all 1 class games (e.g. all medic, all recon, all mm, etc.)
    • OTHER (please specify by commenting below)

Please leave all your ideas for most possible future events below, would love to hear any ideas you may have.
  2. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Shiva Arena
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Last Man Standing.

-NM mode in survival
    -Everybody for themselves
    -Whoever has the most tks wins
    -Pick your class and try to kill as much people as you can, using any ways you can think of.
    -Rmb to make a back up of bank.
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  4. zXr.666
    • Donator

zXr.666 Member

I've always liked Party Night, get to play maps otherwise not played normally, and the vast majority not even on the top played list.

Chaos Speed runs were interesting, I had no idea what was going on (lemming), but having MissHumpz & NiteShade or Blaqk 'criticizing' at everyone made it quite entertaining...or was it...anyways, being a fan of Randoming, a 'neat' turn of events would to be have everyone random on a chaos speed run I think...or it would fail horribly in about 30 seconds, but why not! That's why you back up your bank now and then right?
  5. ChuckWing

ChuckWing Member

Anything but a tourney. The last one had no competition whatsoever. I'd rather have a movie night that features "Titanic" in arabic. No offense intended to anyone who speaks arabic.
  6. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It's somewhat difficult to put on a tournament for a game that is against AI. Especially if the idea is "here go play the same game as always and give me a screenshot, gg".

I just want Nite to hurry up and give me Shiva Arena so I can PVP you all and win :cool:
  7. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

As fun as NOTD Tourney sounds, I agree with Chuck. Save watching the Titanic in Arabic.

And honestly NOTD can always be an option within Party Night, we'd just have to figure out what we want to do.
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

If you really want I can start on a rough version. UA3 is open source so I could technically take their competitive mode triggers as a base. Its still going to be more work than you think, given it will share very little work with what arcane is doing for campaign.
  9. Ar0uz3d

Ar0uz3d Member

The last tournament was just us try-harding for a week. Right after that week, we spent three weeks just playing Lottery Defense or trolling the shit out of every game of Night of the Dead that we played cause we were so sick of trying. We come back to find out that there was absolutely no competition except for TheWolf's SEC team, since he and Ungorisz were the only one posting for it.

If you guys do decide to do a tournament, I'd suggest putting it as an event in the NOTD Group chat so that more people can compete. I did like Kithrixx's rules on his tournament, but no weapon mods should be an absolute requirement rather than just giving extra points for it. I would also add having no stats be an absolute requirement. This way noone would be at a disadvantage to compete (except for the people who don't have the experience to play a nightmare game).
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

The problem with the NOTD group is no one uses it. Its not our primary chat channel and most players dont even know it exists. Yes going forward we need to better advertise our events, but its no use if no one accesses the resources to figure out where they are.
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

All 2 of them? They weren't even rules, they were optional suggestions of a game that anyone could have submitted screenshots from games that were a year old.
  12. Ar0uz3d

Ar0uz3d Member

I was thinking more along of how he was judging the tournament, like how he gave credit for not playing with a tank and such. I honestly didn't even notice that it had such a big loophole to the rules.
  13. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Hence why I went ahead and came up with the concept of tourny mode in my previous tournament. Least it put an end to that loophole.
  14. ChuckWing

ChuckWing Member

I doubt anyone would be naive enough to actually post a year old screenshot of a game to win a tourney. If caught (having 8 players in the game that knew you cheated would be hard to hide. Plus the fact that the team xp from the screenshots would give it away) you would get beyond berated by the community and probably never get invited to another game again for being a tool.

Regardless though, loopholes aren't the problem, it's purely competition. There just aren't enough good notd players to make a tourney competitive and fun. Sure, there are some good players without teams or clans, but try to find eight of them on at the same time to get a run... not happening.

If there is another tourney, I would be against putting everyone on an even playing field like your tourney mode did. Some teams need to be handicapped to make it competitive...

...OR you limit the number of people in a team or clan that can play in a qualifying game. That might be a better option idk.
  15. Nascha

Nascha New Member

How about having games that the whole team can only use one certain weapon all game? Maybe no one uses armor all game? things along those lines.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nex_

nex_ Member

A notd:am game :p