What do you think about changes?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by ProbeGst, May 1, 2012.

1. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

I want to discussion about the buffs and changes.
    First buff for MM was needed because it scale horrible to higher games. Thanks
    Second the change to psi ops tweak it feel a lot better ;)
    and assault buff made his overall dps stronger!

But there is one thing i don't like is level up at 10 cp+
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, the first three you listed were more along the lines of making things better in clear ways. Other than the bitching about Force Push not being on the Inception Tree anymore. But it's still a clear buff because shit actually plays well together on the tree.

The Level Up instead of just having +1 Talent Pint is... well... a clear nerfing on a situation that we had become accustomed to. It's not a bad idea. It has the exact same early game effect. You still have two talent point at start. Just means that you aren't snowballing out of control as much anymore.

But it makes your stance sound like "Everything that makes the game easier for me is Good, everything that makes it more difficult than what I"m used to is bad". Which isn't exactly an unusual opinion. It's pretty much the factory preset defaults for the human mind after all. But we are granted rational thought and don't have to be slaves to instinctual reactions.
  3. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

4. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

Froblock please don't cause a enternal bitch thread with nerd rage on the top.
    If u don't like it, please ignore it.
  5. elPuncho

elPuncho New Member

tbh, i think for the avarage players it doesnt madders, when i think about our nm games, i have my t3 in time even more when ghost would me let, so idc
  6. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Well excuse me, good sir!
    If you didn't want people to comment on this thread, you should just close it.
  7. Hades

Hades Member

The whole +1 talent from cp gave an incentive to stick with a class.

1 level early game is so little xp its hardly worth the incentive to get the cp bonusses other then having them for the shields. A bad change
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Not entirely certain why people don't like it.

Or rather I DO... but none of them actually go out and say it but try to frame up the situation as something else.

"Pssh, I'm only getting 150 XP for maxing out CP!"

Though at Game Start you are no weaker at all than you were with the old system.

What they mean is "... goddammit... It's harder for me to get to tier 2 in the second talent tree now!"

But no one says it. Possibly because they realize that saying something like that would point out how silly that actually is as a primary concern. Because that's what the change is actually nerfing. The higher levels and the snowballing effect.

Just you know... don't try to frame this up as "only 150 XP" when what you really mean is "My OpsComm isn't getting Gravity Grenade before Dome D goes down."
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Yeah the only one I don't like is the level up at 10 cp. I think instead the whole cp system should be trashed. But at least it's a step in the right direction...
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

If you dig through the archive, I've hated cp and called for a rework since its initial addition.
  11. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

I really think these changes is leaning toward good rather than bad. I can see these changes can help make notd more fun. I like all the changes although I do bitch about it, unless the creator don't want me to voice my dumb rants in pub about the changes then I won't change.
  12. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I enjoy that minis share xp better now
  13. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

Is there alist of patch updates? actual note of chnages I cant see to find the latest.
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I don't understand...

Anyways, I like the new xp share system as it means I don't have to worry about all those mean marksmen sniping out low health agrons.

I also like that people are more willing to let me go arms assault in organized games.
  15. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

It's because demotank is better at tanking (imo, hate to start a rage thread)