Welcome Back Or Not!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Gunnar, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member

Hey Welcome Back Or Not!

So ya i started playing notd again. Its a very enjoyable game. I lost my bank so I said screw it ill start over so i get up to like 1000xp and im running my marksman like i always used too =). I jump into my very first alpha game and I chose of course marksman then I get " hey BITCH! I called marksman you better know how to osok right you little faggot" So then I tell the guy to fuck off and The host kicks me from the game because I wont bow down to him.

Well I said screw this then. Then someone said they would give me a bank file knowing that it only had two to three times less xp on it i took it. I figured ya there is no need to get all that xp back that I played countless hours for just to play the game for a little while till im back in school. Now I have people calling me a cheat and throwing huge fits about this and some idiot that likes to pretend he is from JUDGE DREDD goes around throwing bans on people he doesnt even know or look into the history. Well i figured this community would have gotten better but I was sadly mistaken. I'll be off now kill some zombies for me. =)

Sry for wall of text
  2. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Using a bank file that isn't yours is against the rules and will get you banned from the game. This is why people aren't happy with you. Even if you used to play legit and lost the xp somehow, you have to grind it back legitimately, not grab a random bank file someone offered you.

No need to throw insults around.

Trust me, Extifer does a lot of research before banning someone. Besides, your history doesn't matter in this case because you admitted to using a bank file that isn't yours after you previously played on notd. This tells us that you are an old player but has now fallen to illegal measures to get your xp back. There's your history.
  3. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Frankly darling, its cheating either way you look at it. Manipulating or sharing bankfiles is a banable offence.

And by asking around to share bank files, you're just encouraging others to do so too.
    Also, it is not fair to those have spent countless hours, days, weeks, months, even years, earning their xp. Which as an older player, you should know better.

Here on the NOTD forums, we encourage others to bank up their bank files in order to prevent this kind of thing happening. We even have a guide to help you do so.
    Here's the link for the Bankfile Backup thread:
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... hp?tid=156

While its lovely to welcome back an old player, it could have been warmer under better conditions.
  4. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member

ya close this thread not sure why I even wasted my time. I forgot this is just a game.
  5. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Gunnar, I know you had like 60-90K XP before because I have played with you some random recent days and quite a bit in the past.

You've been around longer than I have and I respect your history within the game,
    but bank files lost/corrupting has happened before and other players had to start from scratch.
    Receiving another person's bank file is a no-go with this community.
    I'll give you one reason why.

Player: Shiroamada. Receives Bank file modifier program from squish. (who somehow thought it was alright to share that while he leaves for a good 6 months)
    Shiroamada creates multiple bank files that look legitimate and shares them to at least 5 people I have caught with the exact identical bank, meaning there must be even more players he shared them to.

I noticed because these players once had 1K - 10K XP and jumped to 20 - 40K XP with identical medals, etc.
    So with situations like this happening, you know the reason why there are no exceptions to this rule.
  6. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

I was driving 45 in a 35 mph zone the other day. Cop pulled me over and gave me a warning because I didn't realize it was 35 there. Turns out I turned onto the road after the speed limit sign.

Going 10 mph over the speed limit is a felony where I live.

Can someone link me to the rules before I get banned for backing up my account improperly?
  7. Raiyaz

Raiyaz New Member

You were given a warning and an understanding that you wouldn't do it again. Given the chance I bet you'd say that you would go under 35 mph.

Gunnar did not.
  8. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

I am curious why it is considered cheating to use a modified bank if you have lost your exp
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Whats to stop people from lying about losing their bankfiles in order to get a slightly better one of someone else? And then a better one of someone else, then a better one of someone else, and just keep going and going.
  10. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Because you're modifying your data outside of the game. sorta like how it would be cheating to dupe a windforce in Diablo II when the one you were muling disappeared after you got a realm down.

There's another game I play (not sc2 based) that will ban your account if you replace an image stored in a folder, since it's "modifying game data".
  11. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Its a little issue called integrity.
    Gunnar, I think I may have played with you before, and find that you're quite the ok player (though you left).

Here, restarting from scratch earns the respect of every player more so than getting an edited bank file. Why? Because hacking has enabled trolls like SALVIR to exist. Excuse me why I scrub my memory of him with bleach and steel wool.

Learn to backup your original bank file (i haven't though), and before long you'll be back among the top rankers, I guarantee it.
  12. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

[align=justify]its funny (or not) that people just blindly click and accept terms that they dont bother to read...

Battle.net Terms of Use

The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service or any Game in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as a breach of this Agreement and an infringement of Blizzard’s copyrights in and to the Service and/or Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience;

blah

blah

blah

use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by any Game or the Service to store information about a character or a Game environment; provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;

modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of any Game or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard;

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/ab ... ofuse.html

main thing is, whether we like it or not, we accept the terms and shall abide by it. (*** Though no one cares about it
    [/align]
  13. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I like having you back Gunnar.
  14. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Personally, Gunnar

I have the highest respect for you considering you are part of UniT and one of the oldest members of the community. Honestly, all I am trying to do is fulfill my job as Warden and to keep the game FAIR for everyone.

I don't care if you call me an idiot or w.e those are just words. However being part of UniT and the community for so long you should know the history of sharing bank files or having bank files created because its been frowned upon before.

History and Story time for New Player.

During early NOTD, there was a case where a player who's no longer with us today by the name of Mossy played NOTD for quite some time. He ended up leaving the game and returning after a while. What ended up transpiring was that he like Gunnar lost his bank file. Therefore, he went and asked Ability and Earendil (old developer) if they could make him one that had all his old stats, medals, perks, ect. Earendil ended up making him this bank file.

As a result unfortunately, he ended up obtaining level 1 medal of MOH, which he really didnt have or earn from before. However, since it was Earendil that gave it to him nothing could really be done to Mossy because he didn't do anything that broke the rules. As such, the community got very very upset with this and complained about this on the old forums.

So consequentially, Ability and all the other developers decided to not do this any more for anyone in that situation. Ultimately, it is their own responsibility to back up their bank file.

Anyways, Gunnar please find your old bank file or start from scratch again. I rather give you a warning than a Ban but I will not hesitate at all to ban you if decide to still use Recon's bank file.

As for Recon, he is still getting banned for what he did considering he is the one that passed you the file and offered it. The duration will not be to that of a duration of a bank hacker/cheater. This is because he didn't hack or modify his bankfile.

That is all I have to say.
  15. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

actually,mossy still around...(in some sense)
  16. starwarscards

starwarscards New Member

... i know it sucks but u have to suck it up... now no, i did not have 60-90K exp but i have had to start over 4-5 times (u think i would learn my lesson and have a back up right now but nope still dont) and it sucks every time but, unlike me, learn your lesson and back it up next time or stop complaining