Wednesday Night Sprites

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Omega Death, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Agreed, the part with 6 agrons at airlock during worms should have killed 1 or 2 people, you were totally surrounded.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Partially disagree. Without a decent medic I was kiting more than tanking, so tankability was not important. With stuff at lower base health, I'd rather have had charge than look, as look ended too quickly when stuff died from kith's biffgun.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Time to Die was way more important than anything the Assault could have offered for those mobs. Besides, Demo is shinier than Sonic the Space Marine.
  4. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Best name for Assault ever
    when i first heard it couldnt stop laughing
  5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

That's what I meant when I said "that well".

Early on, most (if not all, no exaggeration) the DPS was coming from the boomstick of rapid fire.

Melted the Hulks,
    melted the Agron wave,
    melted everything really.

And I'm sure everyone here knows that late game the Demo tank would end up taking the show (both in terms of mob control and being flashy) once TTD's red lightning bolts of "flipping out (As Kith said)" enters the field.

Start until around Ere round 2 (which is around 70% of the game) however, it was mainly Sonic holding things together.
    And that's generally where new players die due to still getting the hang of the game/getting overwhelmed by info.

Drives home the point even further that we need a tutorial *cough* AP *cough*

Good job btw, glorious effort in attempting to save ChanmanV. A shame none of our show hosts didn't notice just how safe it was around Kith and the biffgun, otherwise he would've stuck with you.
    So again, well done.

Oh and regarding the camera follow thing, you could have suggested SC2's built in auto follow camera
    ctrl + F I think,
    or was it a ctrl + shift + f?

[hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]

Points of interest from my view:

1. It was good that you guys got trapped in the airlock egg exit when attempting the worms.

That was a much needed adrenaline rush.

Was cringing a tad from the care-bearing and suspected they might have gotten bored if they knew how safe they really were.

It's a good thing biff gun carrying is rarely noticeable from a new player's perspective.

2. Ozy circle kitting Eos with TTD for eggs + shriek. Helps drive home the "Micro = Win" in NOTD.

3. Team running out of ammo several times and sharing between each other + Machine noticing at the start that FocusedFire = one of the manifestations of NOTD's emphasis on efficiency.

4. I also liked the fact that we used a FortDemo for this.

An AssTank charging here and there would've been more visually inspiring at the start (especially if you changed charge directions mid boost for wtf maneuvers)
    and the fact that we could show just how different a class's 2 trees are,

but semi showcasing inaccessible classes to them was more advantageous I think.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Just watched. Nice showcase for the WNS folks!
  7. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Just watched the whole game and I gotta say, I like the route and progression you guys took (dropship landing in Fort and Queen not spawning at Fort laid that route out perfectly). Reminds me of all those sub-100XP games where you don't know wtf you're doing. Although I really really wanted to see what would've happen if you triggered Doc before Ere2 poped.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yeah, I was REALLY glad that I got the biffgun, considering that it doesn't have much of a visual impact. Made the game feel a LOT more threatening and exciting for the new guys.
  9. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

My brother just informed me that (link)this(link) is currently posted in Facebook.

To those with FB accounts, time to advertise kids. :p