Website Hosting

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by Ability, May 27, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting/

NOTD is currently using a generic web hosting plan with hostgator. Is something like the above helpful? I'm not sure what difference it makes. Please educate me. Thanks.
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Not really. Aside from the rare MySQL error, we're not even really utilizing everything we have at our disposal. When I'm not making sweet, passionate love to their servers our CPU usage tends to hover around 0.1-0.9%. We can go up to 25% before a stern talking to.

Plus, we've yet to come close to a bandwidth limit and in the event we DO hit a storage limit, there's a couple of gigs worth of attachments from the old forum that we REALLY don't need (in other words, everything in General Discussion) that can be stored in a nice, tasty archive for future consumption.

Stay cheap, please. If you're really looking to throw money somewhere, you have my paypal email.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks. Am okay to prune any unneeded content too.
  4. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

The only reason to get a VPS as far as I'm concerned is if you wanted to run other things beside the webserver (Though there are ways to get around that that probably aren't allowed).

But as long as you keep Blaqk from raping some more CPU shared web should be fine :D
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I can't resist. Look at that rack!

[​IMG]
  6. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Oh god..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]