Weapon Mods

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, May 17, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I was thinking, if there was a new weapon mod purchable upgrade. One that cost's less than 10k but is random and permanent, so you cant change whatever class it goes into(damage,range,reload spd etc.). But is a little cheaper maybe 5k-8k?
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

That won't work, you'd have to randomly decrease 1 to increase 1. Plus 10k credits is worth a wep mod because u can make a GPR a UA assault rifle, and a UA assault rifle a HMG with wep mods, it increases the total power/range/wtfever by a lot or a little depending on the weapon. For the TK-3000 (aka stinger) it increases 30 ( I think ) but for the gauss rifle it increases damage by 1.5.
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I dunno. So many things and Randomosity has never truly been my friend in life. I wouldn't go for it myself. I imagine most people who seriously farm credits wouldn't either because they rather focus on the Min-Maxing factor that comes with say, increasing Weight and Higher Damage. So I'm not entirely certain what the target audience is. Has a lot of potential to screw you over (Yay my flamethrower has -3 Range and +1 Weight Reduction and +2 sight that I can't possibly change). Not much of an incentive for hardcore farmers.

Also a lot of potential abuse with people who buy, see what they get, ragequit and load in their backup bank to try again until they get exactly what they want for 90% of the situations in game at a reduced price.
  4. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Actuay im pretty sure increase gause by .6 and it may not even fall into damage mod, they are probly worth it but they also take long enough to get. Decreasing time to get them but making it random and permanent in 1 category seems like it be an interesting feat.
    [hr]
    Ooh wow thats a good point, well if it disnt have -efdects and auto saved that would solve that problem. Why on earth would it let u increase weight or decrees weapon range?
    [hr]
    Sry bout typos -_-
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

The way that weapon mods work is that you subtract a point from one category before you can add a point to another category. If it was completely a positive with no negative it would be a lot better than what we have currently.
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

So to increase on or have a positive effect u have to decrease effect of another????
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Maybe you should try reading this.
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ok well thx for the info..
    [hr]
    Decreese weapon weight increase dam > : D
  10. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

+4 damage
    +4 speed

-4 weight
    -4 switch

You want these for sure. The 1st 8 are pretty obvious. Increasing weight is negligible. +30%. So, instead of your gauss weighing 10, it weighs…..13. This is like carrying 3 more mags. Switch speed is also rarely useful. I only notice it in NM. The question is what to do with a 9th mod.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

MSluiter has it correct. If you plan your weapons accordingly based on the challenges that you face in the storyline and switch at the proper times, weapon switch time is not a big deal by any means. And weapon Weight, well, it's significant in a way, but if you kite properly and/or drop points in Endurance it's not an issue.

The last four mods are really a question of personal preference, or situation. For instance, if you're playing a Marksman, take points out of Range and put them into Reload Speed. If you're a tank and wielding the Shotgun or the Flamethrower, ditch Range in favor of Splash.
  12. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I believe Marksman would prefer a reduction in splash instead of range since the sniper rifles have no splash, and a reduction in splash would have no negative effect (for ass mm at least)
  13. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

gimme credits so I can buy some mods. :heart:
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well the M45 has a range of what, 21? And even with his naturally extended sight he only has 12 sight range. Even with Oculars it's only 15. That's why Assassins used to grab up FMJ ammo all the time, because the reduction in range was a complete non factor. Even with three stacked on anything they could see, they could shoot.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

12?
    [attachment=1083]
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Sweet THx for helping a nub out! WE need to get more ppl in this game. More trailers or something??