Weapon Mods

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

They should act similarly to ammo mods (as in green buffs instead of blue) for two reasons.

(a) They are overwritten by skills such as handgun expertise and h-3 igniter.

(b) If the idea was that they would only affect the weapon and not the abilities, consider this: they also affect a dead player's charlie co units and a forward observer's minis.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'll let Earendil chime in on this.
  3. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

I think Ozy has a point.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Been barking up that tree a while. Glad it is being looked into
  5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Yes please.
    +1

Can confirm the effect on Charlie co.

And also saw Charlie co firebats with level 3 H-3 igniters once. Stimpack + that was amusing. :)
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Weapon Mods

-Add direct buff to the weapon itself, in this case damage.

M45 that originally did 50 damage now does 55 with 2 damage mods. Huzzah!

Ammo Mods

-Add % bonus in addition to base weapon damage.

The M45 that originally dealt 50 damage now deals 56 with an HP Ammo mod. Huzzah!

The M45 with 2 damage buffing weapon mods that dealt 55 damage now deals 62 with an HP Ammo mod. Extra huzzah!

Please note that the single HP ammo with 2 damage mods adds 1 extra point of damage for the M45 over the one without. This becomes even more prevalent when there are 4 damage mods and multiple ammo mods. With all 4 damage mods and 3 HPs on a marksman, that M45 now does 82 damage per shot. By comparison, an M45 with no ammo mods with 3 HPs on a marksman will only deal 68 damage per shot.

[hr]

Leave Weapon Mods as they are now.
  7. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Blaqk has a point. But consider this, if a player can earn 4 weapon mods, I feel he deserves the imba damage that he can deal. Effort will thus translate into rewards.

However, some limitations must come into play for balance's sake. Engi's MCed units won't get any buff at all. (unsure what is the current situation)
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Is it me, or is it just that Weapon Mods Stack with the Pathfinders Damage buff? I'm very sure 34.15 damage isn't just +3 damage. (1 weapon mod into damage)

I like weapon mods as is. I don't see a problem with them.
  9. Kage

Kage Member

The problem is that things like FT's H3 Igniter dont stack with weapon mods.

E.g.You have 2 weapons mods giving you 10% bonus damage.Adding level 1 H3 Igniter gives you only 10% bonus to base damage and not 20%.

If you change weapons mods to work the same as ammo mods etc., the damage bonus from ammo mods will not affect it as ammo mods use the base damage/range/attack speed to calculate the bonus and weapon mods use the base damage as modifications.

The better solution is to make them stack over each other if that's possible.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

The issue of H3 Igniter and probably the Pathfinder skill (no I don't know the name; get off me I've not been able to play) not stacking with weapon mods shouldn't be too difficult to fix. I'm guessing the reason it isn't a higher priority is it doesn't affect too large of an audience, but if we whine enough it might get bumped up the list. :D