weapon mod

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by DryEagle, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

Hi, is the wiki correct that weapon mods cost 10k credits?
    Is lifetime earnings the total of someone's credits they ever earned?
    I ask because I see player with 42k "lifetime earnings" (and still 8k available, even) who have 10 weapon mods -> should have cost 100k?]
    Just curious if there is some legit way that this is possible, or if I should be reporting them for cheating...
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Yes.
    Pretty much.
    No legit way for the most part. Life time & weapon mods discrepancy can stem from a long time ago, when life time credits wasn't properly working.

Take Screen shots of their Credits, Weapon Mods, Their Player ID, their medals, and attach them to a post in the NOTD Community Watch Thread and make sure to include in your post their Player ID, Their Name, and the reason for reporting them.
  3. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

Apparently older players who still have their banks went through a credit wipe and records of their lifetime earnings were erased. Other than that, post screenshots of their medals, stats, wins, mods and sc2ID and we'll figure it out

Ninja'd by art >.>
  4. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

there was a time where you could exploit credit bugs in the game too.

the "total wins" category should be accurate, but the individual wins is certainly not (at least for me).
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I would always recommend taking a screen shot and posting it on the forums so the community can vouch for that person or not ^-^
  6. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

yep i posted in the thread the guy told me to
  7. meatfish
    • Donator

meatfish New Member

mods were wiped 2 i think only thing we kept were kittens maybe pets
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Mods, credits, custom colors, and the Black Ops decal. Everything was cut.
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

I believe you have been misinformed about this.
    As far as I'm aware, all weapon mods require a negative and a positive, regardless of how many you obtain.
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Cost of weapon mods are not going to be lowered by any means. Everyone else worked their ass for it, so should you and everyone else. No exceptions, no excuses, no special treatment.

In addition, to use a mod you have to balance out the weapon mod point. That is once you get your first mod, you have to put -1 in one stat and then plus 1 to the stat you want it in. You don't have to buy two weapon mods to use one mod point as that is not how it works.
  11. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

1. Like others said 1 weapon mod includes -1 and +1.

2. 10k actually isnt that much if you play nm games. I have nearly 70k creds in 800 games and this includes several pubs or helping people in non nm games. Which makes me wonder how you managed to get only 7700 in 500 games.
  12. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Might want to check out his wins
  13. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

I don't see any difficulty in farming creds. Imo it's actually too easy to get mods with all the creds u can get in a surv nm. Stick to apollo nm or surv nm and you'll get the mods. If people won't play with you, then that's a different story and has nothing to do with the price of mods.
  14. Arturia

Remember when there were no credits?

Then someone recommended a neat shop idea, and then Credits were born?

Remember how the entire purpose of Weapon Mods was to reward long-time players, and those that put forth a lot of effort?

Apparently enough people complained about how unreasonable 5 per game was when it cost 10k, and the earning rate pretty much got multiplied by 4 overall, with it leaning towards giving higher ranked players more.

In the end, its a game. Weapon Mods are an optional part of the game. Not every game is going to hand you free stuff, this game is no exception. If you want something, work towards it. That is the purpose of Rank 3 Medals rewarding you with a stat point, with rating giving bonuses at higher ranks, and Credits being in the game.

Its already became easier. Stop complaining and take advantage of that fact. The game isn't going to change anymore; its at the polishing stage that is focused on eradicating bugs from the game and making the game more responsive and what-not. So go out and play instead of complaining that things are somewhat unreasonable. Games are meant to be unreasonable, and if you do the unreasonable, you reap the rewards.
  15. JackBandit

JackBandit Member

Okay I'm terribly sorry I said something or "complained" as you put it. I'll go back to my hole now where I belong because I clearly don't belong here.
  16. Arturia

Go ahead and look up what the phrase "to complain" means.

A very basic definition is to express dissatisfaction. Meaning you are not happy with something, or you don't agree with it.

From my understanding, you are not happy about the current price of weapon mods.

You think that the price isn't worth the benefit, and so you disagree with the pricing (but didn't complain about Predators, Skin Colors, Black Ops Insignia, or Pets).

The point isn't that the price is worth the benefit, it is that it adds a level of customization that normally isn't available. They aren't intended to be a straight buff.

You seemed to have expressed that you think the price should be equal to the benefit, but when most older members of the community opposed your opinion, your argument for why they are opposing your opinion is that they had to work to get theirs, and already earned it, and as such, would be opposed to other people earning them with more ease, which is rather logical, but that still doesn't explain why the weapon mods should have a price reduction.

The argument I posed against your point was that there weren't going to be any major balance changes done, and that it isn't something you must get in order to succeed, and that it is as easy as it will ever be to get it, as it is very unlikely that it will have a reduced cost, or that credit gain will be increased.

In addition to that, it is again, just another part of marine customization that was designed to reward long-time players. That is how the credit system was introduced, at least.

If you feel that I slighted you, tell me, and I'll apologize.

Different opinions are good to have, but don't take it offensively if someone else has a differing opinion.
  17. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

I've had what... 3 ideas shut down already? When you see it's a losing battle, just walk away, don't force it, lol.
  18. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Lol new ppl to the forums gotta watch themselves, it's a war zone here.
  19. Arturia

If you look in the archive and check posts made by the user "Arturia" you'll see some of the many stupid things I've suggested. Its actually scary to look back at the things I posted one to two years ago, and the things I post now.

Anyway, requesting thread be closed. It has strayed from the original topic. If people want to discuss the the Credit Store etc, it would probably be better off to do so in a separate thread.
  20. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

By not even completing a game?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.