Ways of Support and Interest for NOTD outside of NOTD

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DrCaptain, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

BUMP!

This is happening. BE THERE!!!
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  2. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

erm... grave-dig bump (my computer was dead (still sort of is, but I've managed to patch it together to be functional) for the past 2 weeks or so)

What ever happened with this? What were the results of that conversation? Did anybody record it? Did anybody figure out how we're doing recording? Where can we dump recordings?

EXPLAIN! INFORMATION! WANT! :)
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'd like to see this idea come to fruition. If you're still planning to do this please let me know and I'll tell you which areas of your idea can and can not be supported by NOTD.
  4. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Yes we're still working on this. I'm currently getting an animated intro made for the YouTube series for NOTD.
    DrCaptain has volunteer his free time with assisting with his amazing video editing capabilities ^-^
    Both Froblock and DrCaptain have agreed to do some commentary for these videos.
    I've located cinematics from the SC2 campaigns that I wish to be included as I believe it relates to NOTD.

Our main concern however is game play footage.
    This is due to the fact that replays are a tad broken, (only works for EC or only some people), I can't help but wonder that this is due to a flaw in the NOTD's map, that Blizz can simply not handle all the awesomeness we produce.
    Due to these circumstances, we will have to resort to finding outside recording programs, such as TwitchTV, that can stream footage and upload it to the internet for our lovely video editors to give the good ol' snip.

We were hoping to start a "Fail of the Dead" series where people from the community can submit in their fails from NOTD and have it included within a fail compilation for lulz. This doesn't seem possible unless they are recording it via other programs.

I also would like to know how to go about with free cam recordings? I've seen these in the previously made NOTD YouTube videos and wouldn't mind including footage of the game like that. How is it possible to do?
  5. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

You can also use a recording program to capture screen and use that. Thus if any programs are needed(for video editing) I can provide access to them hence thats what I do. For both mac and windows platform.
    Far as screen capture a simple hypercam/fraps does the job. However they do consume a large amount of memory.
    Flaw.
  6. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

What kind of quality footage can 'hypercam/fraps' provide?
  7. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Low/medium. There are tricks to get HD, however you require 40fps+ while recording. Keep in mind to decently stream on twitch/own3d(twitch sucks)Not only you need a fps rate of atleast 30+ but also good connection. I believe company site should provide you with sometools. Other more professional tools are probably charged for.
    There are probably other better free programs for windows but since I have my apple apps I ever bothered researching into windows ones :p
  8. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

DXTory provides better quality.
  9. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Bump

I am ready to begin doing stuff for this.
  10. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Same... Just point me in the right direction and I'll start, lol
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Okay Cap, first of all, I need you to edit the cinematics, I'll message it to you ^-^

Briz, I need gameplay footage of:
    1) Commando's Nuke blowing up all the shit
    2) Psi-Op's Storm zapping mobs
    3) Engi's MC an agron and immediately use it to kill mobs
    4) FO's airstriking a munch of mobs and owning them

Note: the more mobs the better
  12. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Well, I HAD replay of some pretty sick nuking in sec... but apparently replays do NOT work -.-...

Mkay, I started pubbing with mando. I nuked the nydus's, which might be worthy of taking a vid of, but overall it was a bad game because we had 3 tanks and none of them would actually tank, so I was pretty much a useless mando. I ended up tk'ing them >.> I'm such a good person <3

Attached Files:

13. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Would you want a FlintLckwood-nuking replay? I might have one on my back-up drive.
  14. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Interesting/entertaining technician gameplay. Maybe not for the current project, but I feel it has some useful material, especially for the queen fight, lol.

Attached Files:

15. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Hahahaha xD

Okay for now, we will save the teamkilling videos and clips for the Fail of the Dead collaborations ;P

We can work with EC replays for now if thats all that works. I'm sure Mando and Engi clips of that won't be too hard to find.

When you submit in these clips, pretty plz mention approximately what time to find the desired scene, or what stage you were up to when it happened. I'm sure it will be our video editors' lives a lot easier :)
  16. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Well... it almost worked. Some epic (in my opinion) tech tanking, and scorp was nuking as mando, so I guess it'll at least be skilled, if not look cool.]

Also, 1226 hits and 14009 damage taken. Obvious pro.

Attached Files:

17. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

18. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Just tried to open them myself to get that information and I can't. GG more broken replays. I rq.
  19. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Hi Cap, any choice of music do you think would help build suspense and drop a beat towards the middle / end?