Ways of Support and Interest for NOTD outside of NOTD

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DrCaptain, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

So if you have any ideas about advertising NOTD and growing the support and interest in the game, post it here. If you'd like to have "Fail of the Day" videos, or videos of boss fights, or even commentaries; post your idea here. Any ideas at all. Let's not cut down people's suggestion, because they are merely that...suggestions.
  2. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Okay while we're discussing this on Mumble:

We're looking to start aiming to create streams and videos to upload to YouTube.

We would need people with talents and familiar with using such related programs, including graphic artists, video editors, streamers, personalities, uploaders, etc.

I've made several amazing connections lately working with Swarm of Hearts development teams and I'll pick their brains and resources as much as I can for ideas or help we may need to get these ideas off the ground. However, if you are capable of contributing your skills to help us with this, I could not appreciate it enough if you would help us out :)
  3. Nore

Nore Well-Known Member

I did mean to get at some point a program to steam my play.
    Once I will start getting my streaming going, I'll get NotD going on for sure.
    Or I can record matches, since I got a good computer to handle it.
  4. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Seeing as for some reason, NOTD is the only custom game that's replays are broken... is there was a way of recording game play, whether it be for showcasing story lines or classes, or even game fails to submit in to be included in a Fail collaboration?
  5. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

I think that you can use Fraps to record games.
  6. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Okay cool, seeing as most emails have a limit on the size files you can send to people. How would these recordings be uploaded and accessible to anyone, including video editors who want to edit these?
  7. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Recording will do, but it only record what that player seeing and doing only. Unless it is necessary to record every 8 player at the same time.
  8. Omega Death
    • Donator

Cloud Storage.
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Understandable. However, some of these mumble conversations are hilarious in game.

So what would need to be recorded would vary for the purpose of the video, example, serious game-play or hilarious collaborations.
  10. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

I believe you were there for at least part of our conversation on Mumble. So far we know that the free version of fraps will only record 30 seconds at a time (useless), and the free version of twitch.tv blinks on Butchers live stream, although we don't know about for anybody else, or if the final recording will have said blinks.

Work in progress. Any other suggestions for free software I'd be willing to try out, otherwise we may have to resort to paid software... I think I'll try out hypercam tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere on that.
  11. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

12. DrCaptain
    • Donator

Bump this again.

We want to hear everyone's constructive ideas for increasing interest in the game. Trailers of clips of gameplay. More of Peerawatz-style movies/custom units. Streams.

Froblock and I will be starting commentary videos in the near future. In-progress name: "Night of the Night of the Dead". There, you will be able to listen to many different characters, including:

Robb Stark and Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aldo Raine and Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and of course, many of your favorite characters from The Walking Dead, including fan favorites Hershel Greene and Rick Grimes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

14. DrCaptain
    • Donator

Sure, Glenn.
    [​IMG]
  15. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

But Rick, Carl isn't ready for this! He's just a boy! I don't want him handling a gun
  16. WhyKillWill

WhyKillWill New Member

I’m sort of a new player and have learned a lot over the past few weeks, but it wasn’t easy. The first place I look was youtube. I found replays of matches from over a year ago. I have googled NOTD at least 100 times in those weeks and was always back on the forum reading post that were a year old at least. Eventually I found what I was looking for and was well on my way to becoming a valuable team player but it wasn’t easy.
    I think we should have someone posting replays on youtube regularly and from there direct people to the forum and make it easier for new players to get information about the game. Another solution is to have the veterans send me replays of their matches. I will post the replays and commentate on them.
    This idea might seem a bit out there but I believe it will help the night of the dead community grow and in turn bring more support to the forum.

I would love to hear from everyone and get some opinions on this idea.
  17. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

You sir, join us on our NOTD mumble server :) get a mic if you don't already.

You are exactly the target audience we are looking for and I want your feedback on all our ideas and help us if you are willing to. How's that sound? ^-^
  18. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

So I've taken the initiative to organize a meeting on mumble for everyone interested in participating in NOTD Productions.

I have also included a list of times over the different timezones for when this meeting will be commencing.

EVERYONE IS WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED TO JOIN US :D

We would love the hear everyone's ideas and would love it if you could help us out in any way possible!!!

[​IMG]
  19. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

I'll make sure to be there to listen in.

Oh yeah on topic. I've finally found the other streaming software I mentioned earlier and apparently its open source and free: http://obsproject.com/
    It also handles video recording for youtube if it comes to that.

Also, I think Peer's NOTD videos (Hitler rant ones) were set to private, so it would only be available if you get linked directly to them.
  20. Omega Death
    • Donator

You can find them here: Old Peerawatz NOTD Hitler Videos