Warnings

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

The reason Black Ops members are able to warn other members is so we can quickly silence spambots if there are no moderators on and one of them is going batshit. It does not exist for you to warn actual members, that's what we have moderators for. From now on, please use the "Report" function instead of "Warn" when you feel someone is out of line.
  2. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

I take it we warn them 100%?
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Yeah. For lazy people like me, I've added a quick reason that checks all the right boxes.
  4. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Hmm, in that case, I think it would be better if the only type of warning was the spam bot (+10 points) type. In other words, is it possible to remove any way of warning other than the spam bot one? This suggestion is for Black Ops only.

For mods and admins, it's probably better if they had the current warning system only for them because they are mods and they probably need the current warning system as a means for giving official warnings for stuff like being off-topic, name-calling etc.
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Hold up, lemme see if I can get you a picture.

Alright, that did not fucking work. Now someone needs to figure out how to fix Therm.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

... what did you even do? Do I want to know?
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

No, but lets put it this way. There wasnt a "remove" button.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I have yet to use the Warning System to actually warn a legitimate user of the community; and I have no intention of doing so. I <3 warning bots though ;P
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Yeah you can't remove warnings. Period. That shit stays with you like herpes.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

I found a way, but it was a convoluted work around.