Using reinforcements to kill...

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Sazier, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Wasn't this fixed?

I just carried a pub as an mm and right after I killed the queen some dead guy uses a handful of tanks, goliaths, and rines to insta kill me...

A bit annoying and it seems to me that such a thing shouldn't be able to happen.
  2. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Sadly that happens quite too often in pub games.

The solution is simple, dont play with those type of players in the future as they are A**holes and dont belong in the community.

In addition, when you pub, you are very prone to seeing those type of players. Unfortunately, you cant do anything about the people you play with in pub. That's just the way it is.
  3. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

4. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Kinda hard to run away when you don't even know the guys in the game...he died like 10 mins in and I guess never left...and once your shot you can't move cause your dead....
  5. Scorpione

Runaway after blackops >:D
    However making those units not being able to target allies would be nice.
  6. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

I agree with Sazier on this one. Avoiding players you can do, but preventing yourself from being in this situation cannot be controlled. Avoiding these "types" of players means that you have to have died already or they would have tried to TK you in order for you to avoid a second attempt.

[Bug fixed:
    D-12 Styker attack no longer damages friendly units of the owning player (Reaper) ]
    ^ Not sure if this is patched in yet, it might be in the next few days if not already.

Although i don't recall tanks being part of reinforcements that are controlled by the dead.
  7. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Only the marines, meds, mm, and D-12 Stykers are controlled by players. The tanks just follow after players that are closest to them.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Tanks used to be player controlled. It's a legacy thing. Either way, marines/marksmen/corpsmen/D-12s should not be able to target allied units, period. I don't know why they can.
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Raise the karma to control leavers to 1700, karma just sits there doing nothing anyways.
    [hr]
    Oh, or kiths idea about not being able to target players, im pretty sure thats not ganna happen cuz its been mentions about 10,000x10,000 times.
  10. Scorpione

Just don't let those units target allies is much better. You never know who will snap and turn into a full time sandyasshole
  11. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

What about adding something that stops units owned by leavers from attacking units owned by players that are still in the game?

So... A unit attacks, if the unit is owned by a leaver and the target is a friendly, stop the unit from attacking?
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Easier to just make their weapons unable to target allies.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Yup - agree. We'll remove the friendly fire capability from mini-units.
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Good stuff.
  15. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

2k karma discount store purchases.... (just throwing that idea back out there).

karma is hard to get for some people. You have to play only NM games to get it high. After a few normal games/fails, I typically lose 10 karma. I've seen a lot of people with 10k xp and 1550 karma.
  16. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

This has been implemented. Let me know if you still encounter any friendly fire/TK issues from mini-units.