Useless Cows

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by ProbeGst, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

there are hexes who are really buggy me.
    because cows can't life outside without air.
    those cows spawned from those hexes are for?
  2. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

RE: cows

All living things (from Earth atleast) cannot live without oxygen...
    So we brought it to the moon!!!! :D
    Plus those cows are zombies so they wouldn't require the same basic needs that they normally would need :(

Lucky cows...
  3. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I've always wondered, if you leave the cows there long enough, would they somehow mutate to Slashers? [​IMG]
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Pretty much. Hell, there are Plants on the Moon. See Trees around Dome A and B, and Farica Augustin, who created some Anti-venom from samples of "moon plants".
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Frankly, I think they need more purpose. They need to try to Chomp human players.
  6. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Holy Cow! Zombie Cows!

I'm not really sure why they are there really, I don't even trigger the event that much. Do they even deal damage?
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Well if any of you did your homework and read your lore you would know that the entire apollo colony is inside a massive bio-dome...
  8. Arturia

Which is permeable to Nuclear Missiles, Meateaorites, Fire Shells, Spacecraft, and Drop Pods.

My issue with cows isn't its lore reason; its the actual mission itself. Its extremely bland for a mission, without any real excitement except "omfg cows and moo sounds; we r scarred 4 life"

I would prefer it had a bit more flavor, or at least interaction. It doesn't have any specific skill or challenge associated with it. Sorta like the Parasites from the prior BBQ Spot, though, those have a tendency to wreck havoc upon newbies (They should totally charge in this case).
  9. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

But cows don't really do anything. They don't really give much ingame xp. They don't give XP. They're easy to kill with two people. I assume they pop, but I've never seen anyone die to them.

They're a useless hex, sorta like the BBQ in recruit. I dont know why anyone bothers triggering hex in recruit... the parasites aren't worth the ammo expended.
  10. Arturia

I rather clear them out lest some poor newbie gets curious and suddenly Parasites kill 1/2 the team.

Yes, that has happened, they noticed it did nothing initially, so they went to the cam, and the parasites stacked venom on them rather quickly.
  11. fox

fox New Member

It would be neat if there's some sort of Easter Eggs to that hex.....like 1% chance of spawning a Tauren Marine lol
  12. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

good idea make it spawn a mass calf or mass tauren marine or animals who explode on touch but deal 1 dmg
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

[​IMG]

Seriously what's the point of this mission? I haven't even heard someone mention it's reward. I assume a meager amount of exp. Why can't we have side missions that make sense, like more jumpstarting Apollo's critical systems, or trying to reach command/other military units. Why we gotta fight zombie cows, on the moon, from a hex, the sheep are convoluted enough as is.
  14. Arturia

@Nite, they simply do NOTHING. Flat out, no reward, just you got scarred for life. Its Purpose is nothing, but to waste time. It has no relevancy to the game, unless Its indicating Mad Cow Disease = HUMAN ZOMBIES.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Thread Title Updated According to New Information.

Stay tuned, more at 11!
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Rather see effort to make Cows worth a damn expended instead on say, finishing the Civilians With Names missions/objectives, like Farica and John, maybe throw in Carlos. Add TX-1 Ammunition to the game, etc.
  17. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Or maybe zombie cow hexes should spawn Zombie Cow Boss! BAM! Eight dead players. GG.
  18. Emperor

Emperor New Member

They're the answer to the age old question: "Where's the beef?"
  19. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Here's the beef

[​IMG]
  20. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

That's a lot of steak