Updated End Game UI

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ability, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Miracle,

As talked, here's a draft visualisation of the new End-Game UI. Vision is to turn it from an individual assessment sheet (current state) to a more military after action report that emphasizes the team's accomplishments together.

Dev Team: Let me know if any inputs, else moving this to NOTD Discussion by Wednesday.

Rationale:
    - Since we're rebuilding the entire UI from Trigger to UI module, this is an opportunity to rebuild the concept as well
    - The previous concept was not appealing (dry data points and information overload). This new approach is more visual, adds more team emphasis and is more screenshot worthy. It will help make a Victory feel more special (band of brothers surviving the mission).

Details:
    - The main window will show an animated model of each alive Marine (their class).
    - If game is failure, can replace the whole main window with a KIA report
    - Proposed Implementation Time: end-June 2014. After inputs from Developers and Community.
    - The 'Return to Earth' button can be at bottom right of End-Game UI
    - The name and rank of each Player is shown below their Marine
    - Marines in main window can be sorted by highest rank in middle and lowest ranks at both corners
    - If the player is using a Predator, it will show the Predator instead of Marine.
    - Title Card format is (Mission Successful / Failed) - (Storyline) (Difficulty / Mode)

End Game UI Concept.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Sounds like a fun challenge, though I'm not quite sure how to go about the 'Medals Won' section, not everyone get the same amount of medals because of those optional Bronze Star, Silver Star, and Lifesaving Medal.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Maybe a medal count by row. E.g.
    A A A A A A A
    B B B
    C C

Where each is a medal type. Can also have the medals for each individual listed in their Marine mouseover maybe.
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Updated details further on first post.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thread moved to NOTD Discussion. Let me know if any inputs to new proposed End Game UI concept and execution. Thanks.
  6. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Fixing what's not broken, again. Oh well, looks okay thus far.
  7. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I quite like the idea thus far. Especially the team being in an end window, screenies4dayz.

-For medals, what about medals earned by the team are displayed, whereas individual medals (Bronze, Silver Star, Life Saving) are all within the individual stats.
    -Dead marines are still displayed, but are X'd out.
    -A mention of whether speed was obtained or not.
  8. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

It's called, improving. Google it. It's a real thing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Okay. So, for improvements.

How about fixing the double shot bug? (Really noticeable on commando with shotgun, you'll burn 6 or so bullets before actually getting one shot off, this is doable by moving ammo system to data, an easy fix would be copy paste NOTD2's current ammo system over.)

Or how about fixing Mobile Infantry Shared Experience? Nobody gets experience from those kills. Nobody.

Or how about fixing the Asgard and making it useful?

Or how about implementing the class reworks that have been "in the pipe" for fucking ever?

Do I need to go on about what could be a better use of time for stuff to be fixed rather than an end game UI aesthetic change/update?
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Already planned.

Wrong. From what I've tested (at least) they seem to have the same xp share radius as other marines. If you send them off on a wild adventure they wont share xp because no one is near them.

Eh.

Will likely be back-porting some of the NOTD 2 class changes to NOTD once they've been thoroughly tested.

Miracle does UI updates and optimizations. Ability updates player classes and other units. I update/optimize triggers, functionality, and major bugfixes. It's not like all three of us are slaving over a hot editor to bring you shiny UI updates. Some of us implement features and fix outstanding issues as we can.
  11. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

Any way the deceased players' models can be made semi-transparent and placed in background with only a focus for the face area; kind of like the more funny way of presenting dead characters, with night sky(in this case sc2 space background) as backdrop and a meteor flying across the screen?
  12. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Do Predators get displayed as figure if they are alive at completion despite player have died ?
    With which sequence the figures appear, from left to right player 1-2-3 and so on or is like podium sequence with top 3 in middle, if so unsure if would perceived rather else than a band of brothers pic, even if tradition could be so irl, personally wouldnt have any problem with it just playing players may see it different. :p
    And last thing. Are the spacing of a dead marine left unoccupied, or displays a 'tombstone'-like thing with his deathmessage appearing when moused over(playerx eviscerated by an agron,rest in pieces that kind of), or do they simply 'cramp up' when someone is missing.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- Yes, Predators will be displayed in main window if they are alive at end of game
    - Marine display sequence is highest rank in middle and lowest ranks at the 2 corners. It will only show alive Marines (i.e. if 5 Marines are alive at end of game, 5 are displayed in main window).
    - The display of Marines is dynamically ordered - there will not be any empty spaces in between for dead players. Dead players are displayed in a KIA list below main window.
    - Speed will be displayed in Title Card. E.g a EC NM Speed win will show 'Mission Successful - Easy Company Nightmare Speed'
  14. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Everyone dies in sec team. Show the dead bodies at the end and change "kia" to "mia" since no survivors mean nobody to verify the dead.
  15. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

But everyone dies in Alpha as well, I thought?
  16. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

You don't see them die.
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- Yes, Sec Team Victory can show an MIA list
    - Alpha Company Marines follow the Black Ops team at the end and also go MIA. Perhaps they return in NOTD 2?
  18. Martel

Martel New Member

I like it! I would love something like this.
  19. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Plot Twist: Alpha Co. comes back as Black Ops!
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Okay - if there's no further violent objections, Miracle will make this happen over several patches in the future and we can calibrate the details in live testing.