Unifying ban sentences over Servers

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Nebibubi, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

So this is something i've been wondering for a while. At the present time, ban sanctions differ from one server to another for the same crime i.e. NA/SEA apply a "banned until further notice" sanction where as EU applies a "2 week ban for first timers" sanction.

Is there any particular reason why we don't have the same sanction everywhere ?
    It is up to the discretion of the Server Warden to apply these bans but I always found it weird that we just don't do the same whatever server this happens on. This is after all the same map mod with one same community.

Obviously, this isn't a high priority subject but it should nevertheless be discussed/explained imho.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

In short, we're working on it. Thanks for being concerned, we'll let you know once we have a proposal that the wardens, mods, and black ops agree on so that we can get the public's input.
  3. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

Well this pretty much makes my thread obsolete. Thanks for the clarification though, couldn't have hoped for a better answer.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

They are the same really.
    The way the EU system works is that you get a minimum ban time (i.e. even if you repent you stay banned for that time). They are permanent otherwise.
  5. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

The differences aren't important but it seems "unfair" that people who get banned on NA/SEA server stay banned permanently right until they repent whereas people on EU server get a minimum ban time and stay banned during that time even if they repent.

I would advocate for these rules to be applied:
    1) If you hack/cheat, you get banned. If you repent, you will be unbanned at next patch update.
    2) if you hack/cheat a second time, you get banned for a minimum period of one month regardless of whether your have repented or not.
    3) 3rd times the charm. Perma-ban.

PS: this only applies to modifications on your bank file.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

There are certain issues with a three chance method that I'm not exactly willing to put into public view. It would be best if we didn't discuss this in a thread that a potential hacker could come across it and figure out a way to game the system. If you have any future ideas, please pm them to someone who can participate in the initial discussion. I'll pm you as to why this wouldn't be a good idea in a few minutes.
  7. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

In any case, I was just throwing the idea out. I am impatient to see what you guys come up with :)
  8. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I see where you are coming from, but there are negatives to what you are advocating for.

Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos; the men and women of the Hall of Justice... the Wardens (its suppose to really be judges, but warden sounds good too)
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member