TX-1 Ammunition

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ryan III, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

So basically what is it and what does it do bc wiki isn't helping with this.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

It doesn't exist in NOTDSC2 (yet, hopefully)
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

In NOTD:AM, TX-1 Ammunition added a flat 40 damage buff to the marine that had it equipped (making it absolutely goddamn amazing on rapid fire classes such as the Machine Gunner) and slowed the undead struck by the weapon by 50% while also removing any health regeneration that they may have had.

NOTD:SCII's TX-1 is supposedly similar, and is the subject of wild speculation. However, it's not implemented yet, so it's currently nothing more than an idea.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

The only reference to it is this.

From the NOTDcharacter.docx that was lost during forum reset.
  5. Ryan III

Hmm TX-1 + HMG = MASS SLOW/RAPE
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

TX-1 + SMG.
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

TX-1 + Laser Rifle. You can finally use LR on pretty much everything now.

Back on topic.
    Would anyone care to suggest some possible functions of TX-1 ammunition?
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Percentage chance of OHKing targets (like 5-10%, non-Heroic only), improves the Armor Reduction value by 1. (So a Gauss Rifle would have 0 Armor reduction. HMG would have +1, Laser Rifle would have +2)
  9. Arturia

Explosion of Enemies on Death functionality; 5~10% of their maximum life is dealt in damage in a radius of 1 if killed by an unit with TX-1 Ammunition equipped.

Or what ArturusV said; Armor Reduction improvement.
  10. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i vote for armor reduction because i need it to rape bosses harder
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I'm sort of inclined to a range boost actually, makes getting experience easier for the class using the weapon as you can outrange your allies using the same weapon. But the armor reduction thing sounds pretty good as well.
  13. ProbeGst

gaus will be the HMG and HMG= laser
  14. Ryan III

Bar will become laser sniper rifle :D
  15. Arturia

TX-1 Should ideally put down zombies for good; No Ghouls pop out, no Bane&Blinds pop out of devourers, and Immortals cannot Resurrect.
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, presuming we still get TX-1 during Chapter 3 of Easy Company only, I wouldn't want it to be additional range. The idea that it'd help level up is kind of an unnecessary bonus at that point.
  17. ProbeGst

ok only at recruit if queen going to long.10 min
    TX-1: This ammo is recently discovered and it's very lethal to all bio who aren't in a marine suit.
    50%slow 5%hp/shot
  18. Ramses II
    • Donator

How about this?

TX-1 ammo: adds 1 armor and slows target by 5%, debuff lasts for 5 seconds and stacks with itself. This greatly increases the damage output of laser rifles and when used on a heavy machine gun can bring a horde to a standstill. (.5 attack speed = 10 attacks over 5 seconds = 50% slow if something lives that long) Of course, the slow will not affect the queen. Assuming you have 3-4 laser rifles, 1-2 heavy machine guns, a stinger, a barrett, and a gravity gun, none of those weapons are hurt by +armor and laser rifles are benefitted.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

How about we NOT make it into something that's incredibly niche that furthers the gap between the basic weapons and the power weapons?

Here's my pitch.

TX-1 Ammunition
    Increases damage by 10% and counteracts the increased metabolism brought on by the infection.

Deals 10% increased damage, slows enemies by 5% per hit (stacks up to 5 tmies), halts health regeneration and prevents corpse spawns (Immortals, Ghouls, Larvae).

It would make it into a fantastic ammo mod that is useful in every situation, as it should be because it's slated to be a reward for completing certain mission parameters (that are fairly difficult to fulfill at this point in time).
  20. ProbeGst

^this will replace a ap when you find it so if add please at chapter 2
    because it will be very abusive when u fight at nm immortals.(alpha chapter 1)