Two bugs I feel need to be Fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Jercy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

-Engineer's current inabiliby to mind control things because mind control doesn't work on the Nexus.

-Perception not giving vision of invisible units until they are right on top of you despite having 9 in perception.

Please fix these Ability. That is all. Thank you for your time.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

(I think) these are the only two bugs left that have major impacts on gameplay, everything else is just visual. If these could be at the top of the priority list, that would be great.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yeah, I just played through a game and got bombarded by complaints about these. These are the most important at this point in time.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

If I can add one more, huggers should be fixed as well and put on the priority list as many players (especially the new generations) are taking NM games as a joke now and acting more elitist now then ever.
  5. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

If i can add one more, this should be the least of the four, but also very important as well.

Gargoyles and Wraiths (the mutalisk) double hit like its their jobs.
    Doing 50 dmg instead of 25 dmg, and their rate of attack is pretty quick too, due to their hit mechanic. (IE running in the direction of their flight after the first hit will grant u the next quickest hit possible, not to mention the double hit at the start.)

I've seen many a squishy people die to anywhere from 1-3 mutalisk just being alone by themselves.
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Blaqk posted about this a while back, they can come up with a workaround, but this fundamentally is not a bug. Basically by running with the muta, players are leaving and reentering attack range of the muta, thus resetting their attack over and over, allowing them a rapid volley on anyone who run with them instead of at them.

More on topic, I think we (the Black Ops) should go through and categorize the severity of bugs and their impact. Right now, the bug list just looks like a wall of text that crits for over 9000. Some bugs are gamebreaking and common (MC, Huggers), others are powerful but edge cases (Kitty Shield bug), others are obscure or are purely asthetic in nature (Engi repair beam, Double roaches, etc.). We should give Ability an idea of which bugs should be the priority to fix.
  7. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Simple way to classify them would be to go by asking:

Does the bug in question undermine a game mechanic? (e.g. Infinite ammo)

Does this bug make a certain enemy significantly easier? (E.g. Hugger's being broken)

Does this bug have the potential for abuse? (Any sort of bug that can be reproduced easily and is publicly known. e.g. Kitty Shield Bug, Infinite Ammo)

Is this bug easily exploitable to undermine an enemy or give the player's an advantage?

Does this bug seriously disadvantage the players?

Those question's really just ask if the bug in question actually impacts the game deeper than how the game looks. If it meets even one of those criteria, then it should be fixed. All I did was restate what AP said, except in an easier format to check if the bug is a priority fix or not.

In going over the Bug List, it would also be necessary to check to see if any of those bugs still occur.

For example: (Bugs that would meet one of the criteria)
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

If a bug was fixed either Ability or I woukd remove it from the list.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Made an update to Perception in next patch. Please let me know if the issue still persists.

For Mind Control, still not sure how to fix it unfortunately. Still WIP.
  10. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Compliance Matrix is most likely fixed in next patch. Will need help to test.
  12. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Compliance matrix works as intended now, confirmed by MuntMaster.
  13. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Deer Lord, Meg. Since when have you gotten 2k more than me?!
    >:| *Goes back to drawing board*