Tooltips

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ArcanePariah, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Can you elaborate how they are incorrect?
  2. Eclair

Eclair New Member

[attachment=2154]
    [attachment=2155]
    [attachment=2156]
    [attachment=2157]
    the above mods are actually right side equals positive and left side negative

Also, can we make a UI for mm's concentration stacks?
  3. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

can we use ± in the tooltips?
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Clarify that Engineer's X-1 Guardian's attack speed is reduced five-fold when in Shell mode instead of saying it is reduced by 80%.

Something similar might need to be used for the Technicians Turret as well.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Idk, how is that different? Means exactly the same and I find 80% easier to understand. Maybe even easier would be 20% of original value.
  6. Arturia

Because it is much more clear in what it means and does.

Some people like me would assume an 80% decrease doesn't mean a 500% reduction, but an 80% reduction in attack speed, with 100% being viewed as halving/doubling the attack speed, while the way it is used here interprets an 80% reduction as a 500% reduction.

Because if you increase it by 80%, it doesn't really shoot 5x faster, it shoots 80% faster, but if you reduce it by 80%, it shoots 5x slower instead of 80% slower. That is a major difference in boosting or reducing attack speed, and I look at it in the view that they should be equal in movement regardless of direction, and for me it would be like:
    1.4 * 1.8 = 1.4 / .555~ (2.52) [80% reduced]

I'm probably not the only one on that, but saying its reduced by five-fold clarifies it for people like me, and is still the same for your interpretation.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I'm probably going to go with "reduced to 20%" because it is (imo) unambiguous.
  8. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

attack speed +400% is the standard in most games. I like -80% myself.
  9. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

You would be correct because most games state their attack speed as #attacks/second. However in SC2, the attack speed is displayed as second/attacks (how long before next attack). So many people would think that increasing attacks speed by 400% would make the attack speed number go 5x, but in Sc2, it stead goes to 1/5. Backwards I know, but what we have to live with.
  10. Arturia

We had a bug report about me whining about this a while back too ;/ .

Don't forget to change the techie turret tooltip as well.
  11. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

The agility stat tooltip should probably have an update at some point...it is the only remaining one that doesnt give you a number by which it increases its things
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

13. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

While you are at it, nano strengrh needs details on exact regen as well on all tips (3 total)
    Also buglist still has quite a few outstanding
  14. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

The Assault Skills Blood Frenzy and Havester of Sorrow both need their command card tool tip updated to reflect the modifications (just the command card, the talent menu has it accurate).
  15. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Alrighty, will do. At some point I'm going to get around to redoing ALL skill tooltips so they directly reference the values in the game, so we don't have to remember to always change them