Thread Resurrection by Blaqk

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by Blaqk, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Heed my words NOTD, I aim not to steal thy glory. If you see a thread of mine that should belong to you, please copy it and create a thread of your own with it, then have NiteShade or Shooz delete my thread.

I don't *want* to be the OP of your thread, it's just not right.

After taking a look at it, my cache of the NOTD forums goes back VERY VERY far. I can recover quite a few threads from just about the entire lifespan of the forum. I've already recovered every guide I can (except Reaper's big ass guide which I'll upload later) so please don't request another, but anything from announcements, NOTD Discussion, or General Discussion you think needs to be recovered I can look into if you post it's title here.

Here's how I'm recovering these threads. My history/cache is capped at 50GB per unique website and autodeletes if I don't visit a website for at least 3 months. This means I potentially have hundreds of threads that I can recover, but only if I've visited those threads, and even then only the pages that I have visited. I can't recover entire threads or boards, but I can at least grab some essentials or the OP.

Again, if there's a thread you think needs to be recovered, post its title here and I'll see what I can do.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Please help to necro the 'NOTD Backstory' thread we had in NOTD Announcements in possible. That's another whopper. I'm also making a new www.notdstarcraft.com/backstory.htm to store it there as a backup.
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

There ya go.
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Flamethrower Guide. Would be nice to have it back up. Did quite a bit of work and started more Alpha Company games in 2 weeks to research it than were probably played in the previous two months.
  5. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I would like to have as many threads as possible from the BO board necro'd Blaqk.

We had a ton of time and effort put in there and it sucks to lose everything there.
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

For some reason, very few of the threads from the BO board are available to me. It's like every page I visited from the board didn't get cached properly.

I do have a list of topics we never came to a conclusion on. I'll post it in the Q&S thread there shortly.
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

Sweet, that will help spark the fires of our creative minds again.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I think the old Community Watch threads should be kept on file so as to make sure we still have proof of everyone that is on the hacker list. Otherwise, it is possible Blizzard may ban NOTD once the automatic ban system goes into effect. (If reaper has time, maybe he could link each of the names in the CW to the post giving evidence?)

Also, you mind PMing me my Squad Leader concept class? I don't have a copy of the most recent version any more, and I'd like to have it for nostalgia/future opportunities.
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

wat
  11. Arturia

Your disclaimer text :/
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Ohhhhhhh! I was hoping someone had given me a cloaking device or sumfin. =(
  13. Arturia

You could always become a Hidden User in Privacy Options.
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Pfff! Escape > Cloak
  15. Arturia

Your Escape isn't permanent though ;P
  16. Shooz
    • Donator

Keep it on topic or face my fucking wrath. Seriously.
  17. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I haven't forgotten about the Item / Talent Quotes thread. I'll finish it up tonight; it's just REALLY tedious. Instead of quoting each post, I'm just going to lump all suggestions together by name.
  18. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

Can u revive the Epic Screenshots thread? Or was it called Post Your Screenshots Here.......
  19. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Marloe's guide to demolitions in apollo is needed.
  20. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Oh right, that thing. From what I remember he said that the demo only had limited use in Apollo, but I retract the statement.