Thread Necromancy Requests

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

After taking a look at it, my cache of the NOTD forums goes back VERY VERY far. I can recover quite a few threads from just about the entire lifespan of the forum. I've already recovered every guide I can (except Reaper's big ass guide which I'll upload later) so please don't request another, but anything from announcements, NOTD Discussion, or General Discussion you think needs to be recovered I can look into if you post it's title here.

Here's how I'm recovering these threads. My history/cache is capped at 50GB per unique website and autodeletes if I don't visit a website for at least 3 months. This means I potentially have hundreds of threads that I can recover, but only if I've visited those threads, and even then only the pages that I have visited. I can't recover entire threads or boards, but I can at least grab some essentials or the OP.

Again, if there's a thread you think needs to be recovered, post its title here and I'll see what I can do.
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Recover my fan fiction pls!
    Apparently, people like reading it even though they didn't reply saying so.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

The one thread with a replay where Sage just juked a shiva and the poor ivax thread.

Because I think that it is important to have those very memorable moments in NOTD History. The young ones must hear about and see those moments.
  4. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Yes indeed, study of history is important, and as Sherlock Holmes once said "The most useful thing that you can do as a detective is to shut yourself in a room for 12 hours and study history. Everything comes in circles, and the same people show up all the time".
    Or at least he said something like that.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

This is the only Fan Fiction thread of yours I viewed. I didn't wanna open the thread until I had time to read so the others I don't have. =\

Also I viewed before Nite added spacing. <.<

I'll let you repost it. :)
  6. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Thanks Blaqk, hope you get time to read my new fan fic
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Actually hold the phone, I haven't looked at my laptop yet. I was on it all last night while I trolled pubs.[hr]
    Happy birthday Nicarco, this is all I could recover.

[hr]

[hr]

8. Kage

Kage Member

I would suggest you bring back all the stickied threads and current on-going discussions.
    Bring back maybe the Epic Moments,Noob of the Day threads.
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Epic Moments and Noob of the Day will have to be recreated. Sadly I can't even recover Noob of the Day (Note that the acronym for Noob of the Day is NOTD) and I have too little content from Epic Moments to be worthwhile.

Most of the stickied/priority/important threads are already recovered.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.