Things I will never forget.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

I'll never forget the reaction when Abi told us he was designing a gravity gun for notd. We were both amazed and shitfaced.

...or when sindekhan, noob, myself and captain would spend more time talking about guns, alcohol and the military than actually playing the game
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

And we were still grindin medals and kicking alpha co in the teeth.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

That WoW UI.

It dealt Terrible, Terrible Damage to NOTD, even though it was for but one day. It was extremely difficult to do anything, especially because everything was reformatted to be where it wasn't before.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

[​IMG]
  5. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

LOL NUKE!
  6. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I will never forget Sirian ^^
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

And I still don't know the story behind that nuke...
    Anyway, a more recent thing I'll never forget is that alpha game we just had today that failed because we didn't find anything better than c4 for Cerberus. Pretty unlucky, but I saw something I've heard only in legends, nite's plug pulling leave of the game.:p
  8. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I will never forgot the times that Nite has nuked the tank because his nuke was off just by a little bit for the airlock eggs cutscene. He also did this once during the mines cutscene.
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

For whats it worth, nukes effect was once 1 radius larger than the indicator. EMP did this to ME once as well.
  10. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Did he retire or something? Not seen him in ages.
  11. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

When Assassination MM used to have Laser Designator as Tier 2 skill, and SubMM used to deal 250% more dmg when stealthed...
  12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I will never forget that one cheese trick back in the day when we use to be able to mind control an infestor and hav it hug each and every boss for automatic win with Ivax being the last boss.
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

The first day that Erebos was "Fixed" and you could no longer high ground cheese him. The ".... where's he... oh my god. Fuck, we're trapped! We're dead! OMG!"

Also the first day where Finding the Doctor during the Gas Sequence was added. All the kids raging about the game over, trying to find out some way that they could still camp lab during gas and rescue the doc because they were wholly unwilling to give up the lab choke point. Mass droves of players just screaming that Alpha Company was impossible now and broken forever.

Oh, and the WTF moment, where our tank Ragequit the game because he thought he was dead. It was Alpha Company and Cerberus had just gotten a new ability, popping a black hole out when he died. Not knowing that he would actually come back about 20 seconds later.
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I remember Gravity Gun Cheese in Alpha ~_~.

Made life so simple.

But fuck double laser blossom cronus.
  15. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

This is not a "I remember when" thread Arturia. This is about memorable experiences you've had with other players and events that you believe you wont forget. We already have a "I remember [insert NOTD update here]"

Please understand the difference.
  16. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I will never forget the day I first played commando decided to go nuke and didn't know nuke radius was 1 range longer so I ended up Tking the tank during queen because I was off by one range.
  17. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

this brought to mind a wonderful story with 3 ops-commandos..

Once upon a time...
    Archangel, Arcane, and Blaqk decided to play a pub together

Archangel was very rich at the time so he decided to buy out the store
    Blaqk was super stoked at the idea
    while Arcane was gleefully enticed at the Kodak moment later.

And so began, the wanderers journey

While the three of them were moving through mining camp and causing havoc from there to starport.

Archangel and Blaqk were blessed with a Double Talent from the gods and made life even easier as the evil tartarus was not apparent for more than 3 seconds when he popped like a morning pimple.

Limited range orbital nukes were used to decimate single creep tumors and com tower was plowed through....

Moving through fest ally proved tiresome due to Surge Strike cool downs trying to defend off roaches and packs of Zombies. The weary wanders nearly lost one of their own in the process. Thankfully a vigilant medic was aware of the struggling comrade and came to the aid through thick and thin.

As the wanders moved into the dreadful airlock, a horid boss with massive sized herpes lumps on its rear appeared. The wanders laughed and raged the boss with fire. This proved not enough and the boss retreated into the ground. They devised a plan that the three of them would call in their nukes the next time the STD boss appeared.

Holding off the wave of zombies and agrons, the wanderers were cutting away at themselves in all places to gain strength to call upon tactical nukes, precision shooting, and massive bump firing....all at the same time.

Alas, the drop ship had appeared when it caught sight of the tactical road flare. Unfortunately a FRAGO came from higher and a new OPORD was devised to save civilians trapped within the city of Apollo. All of a sudden the drop ship detected enemy air units and took off like a bitch and left the wanderers like a bitch. One of the wanderers is part spartan and sent a nuke to intercept the retreating cowards but they were to quick to evade it.

Thus the wave of air units arrived and was quickly eradicated into a mist of blood via sniper rifles shooting high speed air units. The wanderers moved down to low ground and devised a plan to ambush the herpes boss by the demo tank using his penetrable shields and rage steroids filled with lightning when needed.

But one of the wanderers decided that in order for them to know when and where to fire the pre-ordained nukes. so road flares were dispatched and the ambush party waited.....

Then the time came. The wanderers were ready for this moment and had the call signs and initiation codes already verified and so the nukes were sent out. But something was wrong, terribly wrong. One of the wanderers was on the target zone of the two nukes from the other 2 wanders. He had positioned himself there for when the tank did his job that he could do it more effectively but told no one. The two wanderers at safety were calling into the stealth bombers telling them to call off the strike but the bombs had already been sent. The one wanderer...on his last moments recollected on all that he loved and cherished in his life. His rifle and squad members. Then he came to his senses and tried to run for safety from the blast zones but he was too late. The nukes obliterated his body, even the UABDTCP "Up Ass Brain Data Transfer Customary Pet" was completely decimated from the tri-nuke extravaganza. The two remain wanders said their peace by burning the fucking hell out of the herpes boss and savaging the nuke resistant gear off the dead comrade. (RIP Blaqk)

So the two wanderers made their way into Apollo and made an executive decision to not save the civilians because they just didn't want to. So the none compliant Doctor that was in the laboratory of Apollo told them about the infected domes and that they need to be purified. Well, this was the moment that nukes were perfect for. So hell rained from the skies and shit died everywhere by fire and explosions and raged demo lighting bolts.

Once the domes were purified, the gay ass doctor called in gay ass Black Ops to try to rid the wanderers from the earth. Luckily, the fleet in the skies has near limitless resources and even more nukes were called from the skies to purge them from the moon.

All of a sudden a wander took many bullets to the knee and lost his life. Luckily they didn't aim high enough to kill the UABTCP so it could break free from the bodies asshole. (RIP Arcane). The last wander said enough is enough and ate his last chocolate Ranger Bar that he had saved from an earlier MRE. From the gratuitous amounts of energy gained from this bar, he finished the BO and was still full enough to last another THREE DAYS!

All of a sudden, a gigantic queen appeared which was immediately identified, classified, and named:
    Eos, The Zombie Queen.
    Classification: Who cares, fuck this bitch up!

Luckily the wander had stolen the given laser rifle from the douchebag Doc in Apollo lab and unloaded hell upon Eos. The Laser rifle was in fact so powerful that the wanderer decided that if he surgically struck the boss with an adrenaline boost while cutting himself under the power of his RANGER BAR that this bitch would melt. All of a sudden, Eos screamed high and heavy like a 12 year old boy being kicked in the nuts over 9000 times. luckily the vigilant medic provided and bitch proof shield and the ear drum shattering scream didn't affect the wanderer. This happened a second time but again the shield defended the wanderer. Then Eos tried to turn and run but a tactical nuke was already inbound to take her out, but it wasn't enough. Luck turned to the wanderers favor when Eos ran into the gloriously late charlie company and finished her off.

Victory for the wander for his service on the moon. But was it a victory at all? The Combat Action Ribbon says that it is and another random weird ass one saying Distinguished Service medal. For the wanderer the medals mean nothing and looks upon this as a, aww who am i kidding. Hell ya this was a victory, +1 CAR and DSM and a sexy Class Point. Boo Ya bitches!
  18. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOL
  19. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

To further add to Archangel's Story, these wanderers decided to add one more to their group and unleash further destruction upon Apollo. Behold

[​IMG]
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Aww, that was before I was purple.

I'll post the story of getting Kith his last 2 engineer cp after a while. It's pretty funny and full of epic quotes.

Blaqk: sting
    Blaqk: you
    Blaqk: shit
    Blaqk: stain