Things I will never forget.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'll never forget the one time Hopelessnoob asked me to gravity gun him a wraith from dome b in an EC NM. I don't think anyone was taking it seriously so I managed to get him one and he mind controlled it. The best part about it - once he had control of it he named it. I vaguely remember him saying something along the lines of, "I shall call you SHARAK!"

I spend a good few minutes rolling back and forth across my floor from that one. :p
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Not sure if this thread is personal nostalgia

Or invites everyone to reminiscence.

Good story though.
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Anyone is welcome to post something that they don't think they'll ever forget.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

>October 11, 2010.
    >First Game as Demo.
    >Team camping airlock spot.
    >Satchel Agrons, all good.
    >Festor walks by.
    >Satchel that too.
    >3 People run out and walk directly onto blast.
    >Haven't played Explosives since.
    >Fortitude is penance.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Thinking that ocular implants were permanent because the name suggests as much.
    That was before I realized there was a ragdoll inventory submenu and that you could drop items there by clicking them.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

The Beastmaster's pet hawk Sharak!
  7. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

I remember a time in an Alpha game where Bluetiger and someone else vked this guy (whom we never played with before) who was keeping the rare items. We didn't realise that votekicks kill the player. The vked guy was a flamer and we were packed together in the fort. The flamer exploded in flames when Bob killed him and 5 of us caught fire and died.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Vote-kicking ability during apollo B nm.
  9. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

a nukamando got trolled by black ops at nm and queen walked away 1 health points
  10. Shooz
    • Donator

Lets try to make them descriptive stories if you guys say it's something you'll never forget.

I don't want this to be a one-liner thread that turns into a "i remember when" or a "this happened but i have no details on it".

I literally will never forget when Gunnar, NiteShade, Hong, and I were in a pub together. Gunnar died and in a fit of grief and rage, NiteShade nuked the entire team but with his totally classic, plug-pulling exit.
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I remember when I played my first Apollo Security Team game... and the sheer shock I had as I was a Recon, and had my teammates telling me that I needed to max out Reflexes, and fuck countermeasures, max out cloak and fuck escape. And being called a noob because I got three in Countermeasures before anyone told me.
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Doing a EC NM as Rifleman. We had a second rifleman who dropped early, so i took to controlling both of them. We did well, even microing the rofls during seth. We held at lab, and gun down the queen. We stood in triumph and our dear commando decided to celebrate during the text by firing off a nuke. Unfortunately, he had not read the patch notes that said we were no longer invincible after killing queen. Only one person survived.

Bonus points if you know EXACTLY who I'm talking about.
  13. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

NiteShade?
    I remember the screenshot, not sure the name anymore
  14. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

First time I played with a demo on the team. I was like

Why is there a random marauder in a game where there's only three classes?
  15. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

My first time entering apollo. Here I was with a bunch of other people under 100 experience. I think we had like 3 medics and a rifleman. I was one of the medics. I was so scared because I had no idea what the hell was going to be around this corner and up the ramp. I remember thinking that I'm going to run around this corner and get killed instantly by some weird crap because I couldn't see at all. We end up making it to labs after about 10 minutes of running around apollo trying to figure out what is happening. I remember running into labs and being like, "Oh shit guys, wtf just happened." Then before I know it there is all this stuff coming at us from what seemed like everywhere. I equiped my flamethower and went down like a man standing my ground and flaming as many zombies as I could before I died. That was a very exicting game that I will never forgot, and I wish I could experience that feeling again.

By the way the person that Arcane is referring to is dryrain.
  16. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

when i went nukemando someone ran into my nuke and said "Y U TK ME" -.-
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I was there for that game. We held labs and the one who survived was a demo.

The thing that I will never forget? My first EC Nightmare, and soloing it as the Protection Assault after Dome D managed to kill everyone. Dragging my broken ass out of Apollo to face down the Black Ops with hands full of crowbar, eyes full of rage, and a head full of Madness.
    I beat them all to death to the bewildered and excited cheers of the people on Vent. Somehow I avoided being Void Prisoned, and somehow I avoided the satchels and the gunships. And then I turned to face the Queen. I was well stocked on meds, and the Queen's health was low because I was the only one alive when she spawned. I waded into the fight spouting Stairway to Heaven lyrics and made that fat bitch run for her life. I chased her across Apollo for 20 minutes until finally The AI ran out, and she was just sitting in Infestor Alley, letting the artillery strikes pound her. Everyone was content to let her die like that, but I was furious. This was supposed to be my first Medal of Honor point. Fuck letting Koller do it with his poor aim and TK happy artillery strikes.
    I ran through the artillery strike screaming like a madman and struck her down with my crowbar, and then I laid waste to the clusterfuck of parasites that spawned from her corpse. I munched on medkits and bandaids until the dropship landed and the medics came out to keep me alive from the mad venom stacks. The people in vent were losing their fucking minds over what I just did, even moreso than when I went hand-to-hand with Black Ops. Some folks from SEA were in that game, and apparently they spread the story of "Kith the angry tank," an up-and-coming scrub that fought the zombie apocalypse with rage and hatred. The most memorable quote of the night:

"He did what?"
    "He killed all of the Black Ops with a crowbar."
    "How in the hell? Did you seriously do that?"
    "FUCK."
    "I'm pretty sure that means "yes" in angry."
  18. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

Mine is when apollo first had atena introduced into route B, bc we didnt know how to beat her. dRyRain was MM and sagev was the engi and i was the recon, marloe was in the game but die to her i think. it took us forever till i figured out that stinging athena near her derp pods caused her to take damage. we ended up kiting for nearly a hour b4 we finished her. then pers was cake bc she still just camped outside the vision radius at the time. I had the replay till i wiped my comp. That game was forever long tho. 2.5+ hours at least.
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

First Medal of Honor game I was in. I was a Survival Rifleman for it, and had thoroughly and proficiently trapped labs against Reaper Spotting. So we had it all done. Queen was coming up, Assault Tank was ready to rip her a new one with C4 and the old school Safeguard that added a lot more armor than that wussy one we have now. All looked well. With a crowbar in one hand the Tank went to do his job, right on the chokepoint for the lab.

OpsComm says "Pssh, I know what I'm doing" and drops a nuke to hit the queen... and obliterate our Assault Tank about 5 seconds after first contact with the Queen, with her at nearly full health and the full weight of her hordes behind her.

Much brick shitting and raging ensued.
  20. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Nope, its always dryrain.

If you get nuked by me, you walked into it or werent paying attention. If you get nuked by rain, he wasnt thinking or paying attention.