The Q Report: The Ancient Lurker Lurks (and mocks Kithrixx)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

I've been able to step back and look at the whole of NOTD a lot more of late and have begun watching the members more than the discussions. There are a few things that I'll note.

1) I'm proud of how well Ability has handled the shit he's been given. Between real life drama, several ingrates, and just general difficulties of trying to please everyone, the poor guy is still sane-ish.

2) It's good to see that a fluid system of dealing with major changes has emerged. In the past it's generally been a chaotic mess of pitiful idea kicking and awkward implementation. The way the Gravity Gun, Ban System, and other recent changes has been and is being handled is a very good and professional step towards a successful future.

3) There are two, distinct new schisms in the community and they're caustic. I'll address those in due time.

4) Activity is roller-coaster at best. On Friday we only had one new member, one new thread, and 87 new posts. Today isn't half-over and we already have 3 new members, 5 new threads, and 142 posts. In addition, there are several discussions that either trail off or stop altogether. The debate on C-Series armor, for example, ended when I brought Math to a Word-fight.