The official zombie survival weapon thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squish, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Probably the most effective weapon over, simply because there is more of it (even more then guns and bullets) would be acid. Sulfuric or Hydrocholoric acid has a rather permanent effect on human (or any organic) tissue.
  2. Blaze

Blaze New Member

wanna find good weapons? ask a redneck thry got crazy shit lol
  3. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

I'm sure Archangel has more than enough of those types of acids, in addition to other chemicals and his stash of guns. Seen as he is the Great Heisenberg of the NOTD community, I'm sure he'd be able to create even more dangerous chemical solutions.
    [​IMG]
    This is how Arch wishes that he was spending his days at work.
  4. Blaze

Blaze New Member

so what your saying is the chem expert is the best for a zombie Apocalypse?
  5. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Hmm so a moat around a farm filed with acid doesn't sound bad to me.
  6. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

Concentrated sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide (50:50), Makes Piranha Solution. Used for cleaning organic residue but is extremely dangerous and is a violent reaction.

both u can by at either Home Depot or Lowes
  7. DrCaptain
    • Donator

[​IMG]
    There's your hydrofluoric acid at work.
  8. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Tho i applaud your decision to go for practical I have a small problem with your melee portion (if i knew how to only quote that i would). In pickheaded axe vs crobar debate is not even a debate at all. While the axe may directly do more damage, per swing, and is a far superior b&e tool, the shear weight of it would be just retarded to ever use. You get credit for suggesting the crowbar gets a bonus due to weight, but thats an understatement. While on the job its true i would use a pickhead axe over a crowbar in any situation, that doesnt mean i dont bring my crowbar with me also. Those axes are stupid heavy, get stuck often, and given extended use and less then adequate care that a apocalypse would provide far far less durable, the axe heads more than anything. Hell i get tired just carrying those damn things up ladders ( The US has gone all safety focused and says were not supposed to put them in our belts or straps anymore). As somebody with extended use in both these wonderful tools, i declare the crowbar a much much better option.
  9. DrCaptain
    • Donator

Are you a firefighter?
  10. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

11. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Pyromaniac's worst enemy.
    [​IMG]

Yeah, CB has always been the traditional close range zombie weapon, Axe would still be my second choice though. Durability may be a problem but it's not like you intend to always get in their faces. Running away/avoiding conflict is still the way to go.
    Show Spoiler

Lulz = Firefighter by day, Gigolo by night
    [​IMG]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&feature=player_embedded&v=hyesXhxKMro[/video]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

obviosly none of them are real firefighters, otherwise they would know how absolutely disgusting those pants are and would not be wearing them in public

btw that tool in the right hand of picture 1 the halligan. That would be my number one choice of melee weapon anywere. has more utility use than a crowbar and a sweet spike.
  13. squish

squish Well-Known Member

A nailgun and a small backpack compressor powered by solar batteries. Overall, about 40 LBS of equipment for compressor/batteries. Nails are fucking everywhere.
  14. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

That nail gun idea seems very familier, cant remember were ive seen the idea applied in that situation though.
  15. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

16. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Personally, I would like to have a Han Dynasty Battle Sword at hand.
  17. Foehammer
    • Donator

18. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I'd probably go with a glaive and a modified machette for melee. Both have additional uses outside of combat (one is a relatively lightweight pole and the other is sturdy enough to cut stuff besides flesh and heavy enough to either crack a skull or decapitate. For range I'd probably go with a crossbow for zombies, a pistol with a silencer to kill humans, and then the loudest and flashiest assault rifle I could find to scare off humans (not for shooting, just the show that I can fuck them up if they want to fight).
  19. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Ehh, time for somewhat unrealistic ones, I just borrow a ship from the US Navy, say a Nimitz Supercarrier :p
  20. Foehammer
    • Donator

Well if its unrealistic we talking about hmmmmmm id prefer C1-30 just for shits and giggles.