The official zombie survival weapon thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squish, Nov 26, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Post your weapons here and why you choose them, pics are allowed if you so desire. TRY to keep the shenanigans down here.

AK-47 - Ammo for it is a dime a dozen, the accuracy is *good enough* and it's reliable beyond belief. I was @ firing range the other day with dad and his buddy who owns an AK, he ran it over with his fucking car and picked it up and fired the damn thing flawlessly - no problems.

Mosin Nagant - Cheap as hell to get, the ammo for it is also a dime a dozen, and it's a bolt action, so it'd be good for longer range shots.

AR-15 - Accuracy and lots of different bullets on a highly modular platform. Stoner knew what he was doing, although saying the same about the US military (when stoners mags were designed to be used once, then discarded yet they repeatedly use them time and again), would be outrageous.

Colt M1911 .45 ACP. - Why not? It's a .45.

A really long, sharp serrated knife - A gun can jam, break, or otherwise foul up, but a good knife, will NEVER jam or fail you.
  2. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Strong durable baseball bat- it's cheaper than gun and if hit hard enough, you could crippled zombies or impeded their movement.

Strong durable machete and/or knife- Aside cutting some limbs off, they can be use to open containers, cut foods, and other purposes. No swords. Only wannabes would want to use swords.

Abraham Tank- Heavy armor plates, heavy firepower, less chance to get flip over upside down, etc etc. Only downsides are where to get a tank, fuel, and ammunition. To me, tank is a weapon.

Lighter and hairspray- homemade flamethrower.

Shotgun- Good in close range, but required ammo, aim, and some maintainence. And it make loud noise.

Any car- with car, you could just mow them down while heading toward whereever you need to go, plus it can serve as short time shelter. But have to make sure you have gas and other stuffs. Plus, you could make car explode if you have time.
  3. Blaze

Blaze New Member

L96 sniper- powerful with a damn good stopping power to it and hell cna hit more than one

Barret .50 cal (if lucky)- would wouldnt like putting a .50 cal round thru zombies

M4A1- accurate and easy to use and easy to find

Benelli shotgun- bang

Car/truck- to store stuff and get around

Kanata with sharpening stuff- for when you need to get close and personal
  4. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

Barnette Wildcat crossbow: silent ,easy to use and ammo is reusable.

Bicycle: also silent, man powered so no gas issues. (Nothing looks sexier than a person bieng chased by zombies while riding a hello kitty bike! Ching Ching!)

Trench knife: why the hell not? These babies were ment to puncture a metal helmet in WW1 for trench warfare. Should do quite nicely on a skull.

And a barreta 9mm: in case of emergencies, on the run need a quick killer, sadly it'll make some noise once used.

And a secondary smooth yet sharp knife: serrated might get stuck in head when needed most, good easily found, and best of all....... Silent :p
  5. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

- M16: Simple, reliable, readily available. The same can be said for the easily found 5.56mm rounds. 3 firing modes. Variants come with bayonet or grenade launcher

- Kukri: literally an axe in a dagger, a swing will cleanly cut flesh. Just check out the youtube videos

- AA12: repeater shotgun/grenade shots

I would also recommend use of varmint rounds against zombies (read from a Cracked article).
  6. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

gimmi an ac-130, tis all i need.
  7. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Give me a flamethrower, adrenaline, the ability to perform surgical strike and a Field Nexus. 8|
  8. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Laser rifle.

Otherwise, a long thick hammer for melee. All of you with sharp knives and blades will find your cutting edge getting blunt and fast.

A sniper rifle, assault rifle and shotgun.

A pistol.

Sorry I'm not a gun enthusiast so I can't list specific models or makes.
  9. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Firearm

I suggest you go with a gun that is most common in your area. 9mm if I'm right for you Muricans.

Zombie apocalypse would usually mean lots of salvaging and moving. Fort holdouts are unlikely unless your home is already stocked with supplies and sealed/safe from entry.

And if you're going to salvage for something, you may as well equip yourself with equipment that will want you salvaging for things that are easier to find.
    Same with the mobility issue. Travel light.

I question the logic behind wanting to carry hugeass firearms, like say a Barret .50cal, (no offense Blaze)
    because while some of its incarnations are referred to as the "light .50", it is not, in anyway light. "Light .50" meant that it's light weight as far as .50cals go. The comparison being the .50caliber machine guns mounted on platforms/vehicle turrets.

Also, good luck finding extra ammo for that.

Gunshops will likely be raided first and empty by the time you get to them or occupied by unknown if hostile entities (living or not).

Military bases? If still within human hands, will likely be in military control. Approaching one will just end up with you getting disarmed unless you're one of them, in which case the possibility of your goodies being taken from you is still not 0%.

If overrun, you can be sure it'd be heavily infested given how defended these should be compared to everywhere else.

Preferably with a laser sight or scope as while aiming down iron sights is relatively easy, you'll want all the 'help' you can get.
    Both are still useful even when you're w/o ammo. Laser sight for signaling, scope for long distance viewing/scouting.

And a suppressor. While it doesn't eliminate the sound as shown in movies (it's still pretty audible), it helps with muzzle flash. Zombie apocalypse does not mean you're dealing with just zombies.

Melee
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Crowbar or fire-axe with a pickhead (pick-head axe).

Decent range. Relatively easy to find replacements. Lots of utility (great for breaking and entering).
    Axe has bonus points for lumber if you intend to leave the city for the wilds.
    Crowbar gets bonus for weight.
  10. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Reliable 10/22 with silencer attachement, bipod, 16x leupold scope, and you couple boxes of federal ammo, 525 rounds in a box.
  11. Blaze

Blaze New Member

thanks for making my name sexy teal :D and honestly thats me dreaming there i know ill never get a .50 but it would be nice to put a round thru 10-15 zombies
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I brought a short sword home from japan, about 3 feet long, thats all i ever needed..
    If only it was keesterable...
    [hr]
    You get a firetruck and a pole
  13. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Personally, I've got a Mosin Nagant, as well. Besides that, a Ruger P95 and an assortment of blades.

I love me some 7.62 rounds, so I'm good to go. ^_^
  14. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Give me some lessons, and a bunch of household cleaners, and I'll set up some traps for dem zombiez.
  15. Nixak

Nixak Member

Have you done anything to you Nagant? Scope or new stock? I know that mine weighs a ton and is a monster to shoot. But yeah, 7.62 says hi to the zombies.
  16. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Also flamethrowers are a bad idea. Petroleum tends to drip off easily and if it's ignited you might have a bad time. Does about as much damage to them as to you.
  17. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

I haven't done anything to it really. Besides a new bolt action, due to the original jamming shut. Besides that, as far as I know, it's original. I only shoot it once every month or so.
  18. squish

squish Well-Known Member

If you want to have a nearly unlimited source of ammo, use steel rounds, and make your own ammo. Seriously. Steel cores are frowned upon by the fed here, but uh.. what about steel bullets? XD (Armor piercing to shoot through a few or more heads). I can only imagine what an M16A3 on Full Auto would do loaded with steel rounds. O_O. Point at head and SPRAY, and OVER PENETRATE EVERYTHING.
    [hr]
    And if you needa mow down a parkin lot full of fuckers, an 8 Gauge machine gun in the back of a truck, mounted, with flechette rounds will do VERY nicely. You'd kill and shred everything in the parking lot to ribbons.
    [hr]
    Also, I'm thinking of buying a pair of Mosin's and Modifying one to be semi-auto rather than bolt action, and use the same round.
  19. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

You must also remember the more noise you make, the more of them will come. Not just the dead, but the living as well. On top of that the amount of steel it would take to make a few clips would be more time consuming then it would actually be worth. :p but this is just my thought process and judging by the resources i have here.
  20. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Bullets are too easy, use telepathy to move the virus outside the corpses bodies and burn them. If lucky the hot ones will return to being human and will owe u their souls, and hot bodies.
    [hr]
    If your going to make ammunition you also need a supply of gunpowder or other, you can make 100^100 rounds but if you have no gunpowder all you can do is sit on ur thumb.