The new blue background effect

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Extifer, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I've been hearing from the general public that many do not like the new bluish tone of the moon for NOTD. In fact, I believe it was added before way back in the day and many also did not agree to it as well.

Therefore, I must ask what everyone thinks and whether it should be changed back or not.
  2. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

My eyes are about to pop out of its socket... Anyway, someone had suggested to turn the shader down to low, so I did, which fixes the glowly white/bluish snowy looking ground.

But ya, I hate it.

PS. It's really hard to distinguish that from Recon SS.
  3. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Same opinion as Vex I had to do the same thing otherwise my eyes would be fucked in like first 10 mins of gameplay. However it's a hassle to change my settings back and forth, like after I play Ec I got to put shaders on high for Surv. Otherwise I can't see shit, can't even see flares. I think that eye fucking background needs to be put down.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I like it. Adds character to the map, and makes the ground look not so constantly bleak and samey.
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Lolz @ Kith making his vote over 9000 :')
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I have no idea what you're talking about.
  7. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

It burns the eyes to look at it
  8. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I would say the effect is fine, but the intensity is too much, it makes large parts of the map basically white, which contrasted with the black Fog of War is too much eye strain. So I vote neither, just needs intensity toned down (I'll ask Peer when I can about how to do this).
  9. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

there should be an option for i didnt even notice a difference : |.. Perhaps its not as previlant on the lowest of low graphics
  10. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

The blue background is not good. It's too contrasty and makes the lighting effects appear too bright. The new creep just looks horrendous and like the backgound, looks as if it has serious contrast issues.
  11. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Ok, next patch has the intensity dialed down a bit, give it a spin when it goes live (probably in a couple hours once Ability can upload), and see if it is any better.
  12. JackBandit

JackBandit Member

Came here to post about this. Glad it's being changed already I could not play like that.
  13. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I think people should have been consulted before the change - it was not discussed among senior members before implementation and I was not aware of it happening until I saw it in game
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I wasn't aware of it too unfortunately. Uploading next patch in 1-2 hours.
  15. Nixak

Nixak Member

NotD: Smurf Mod
  16. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Brace yourselves,blue tint from bf3 is invading notd