The Negative Movespeed Quandry

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

So an old question still stands, if your movespeed drops below zero, do you moonwalk?
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

No. The game engine, from what I can tell, treats any value of 0 or less MS as Immobile.
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

I'd like to see it in action though. Someone needs to don a C6, eat the dropship ammo, let Meno hit them, then eat some parasites.
  4. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Oh I did this in a troll pub once. Recon ate like 100 mags and couldn't outrun the agrons at airlock (he somehow didn't make it into airlock with us on time).

I proceeded to eat those 100 mags and 100 more from the other 2 newbs who died.

I had originally thought that once you equip enough mags your weight rolls back to 0 and you get a significant movespeed bonus (I saw it happen once) but alas, I was at movespeed 0, immobile.

My team moved on without me, starting lab, so I hastily dropped mags until I could move, then continued, leaving behind a nice exponentially increasing distance between drops of magazine bread crumbs.

I do not recall whether or not I won that game, but it definitely took forever. I made it to central square from the left airlock with ~30 mags left starting from complete immobility.
  5. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

im almost positive that is how z effect works. but if ur moving and z effect comes into play, u have an micro ms... literally