The Marksman Solution

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kith, Dec 11, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

My bad, thanks for the update.
  2. LftHnddSczrs

LftHnddSczrs Member

Does scope currently give detection?
  3. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

No
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Huh. I thought it did. Wiki said that it did, anyways, or perhaps I just misread it. Either way, it shouldn't.
  5. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

To be more realistic scope shouldn't even give detection because its a scope and not a thermal scope.

I assume that when one plays MM as well they max perception because you do want as much crit strike as possible and detection is always good.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

psst i changed it and removed the detection
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Just ran a test game previewing the new build. Everything runs smoothly, the only thing we need are tooltip updates and to tone down Quick Aim because holy god

NEW VALUES:
    Level 1: 200%
    Level 2: 300%
    Level 3: 400%

FALLBACK VALUES IF QUICK AIM IS STILL A MONSTER
    Level 1: 200%
    Level 2: 250%
    Level 3: 300%

Edit: Oh yeah and because OSOK is no longer the Pain Train that it was previously I wouldn't mind reducing its cooldown to the original levels. However, this is a decision I ultimately leave to Ability/Ghost/Arcane/whoever cares.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Having a full stack of Adrenaline on call does magic in terms of damage.

For reference, each level of adrenaline is roughly (1.02^30) 81%, (1.0^30) 224%, and (1.06^30) 475% at the levels 1/2/3 respectively.

The fundamental difference between Quick-Aim and Adrenaline is that, Quick-Aim is instant and brief, while Adrenaline builds up and lasts. Its a matter of Burst vs Sustain, while that sustain is extremely powerful.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Oh, I know. There's a reason I don't really care that you can get such a high amount of speed from a single cast. I'm just saying that it needs to be toned the hell down, because right now... man. Speed kills.
  10. JackBandit

JackBandit Member

Omg I love the new Sub MM. I would say 400% quickaim is def not op. New ass mm is definitely not as op as it was. Would be cool to lower CD on OSOK a bit. What was it before, 3 right? and now its 5? Maybe try it on 4? I only say that because Kith mentioned maybe returning it back to the original CD. Either way I'm stoked to have both builds be viable again. I love mm and now its like I have 2 completely different mm's to play.
  11. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i dont seem to think the ass mm is really all the different damage wise now.. sure it adds up different, damage is still about the same. (for high hp bosses, which has always been my main concern)
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Marksman on his own is about the same power level as he was. In a team setting though, he is not anywhere near as powerful he was. You know what's mean? 10% of maximum health per OSOK. Now that doesn't happen anymore.

I wouldn't mind lowering the cooldown to what it was, but that's something I'm just going to leave for others to decide. Marksman is now in the general area of where I've wanted it to be for some time, I'll leave the fine tuning to masses while I move on to other things that do not require such a careful touch.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Okay for OSOK cooldown to be reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, after we close any remaining issues with it being affected by other buffs (e.g. VRL).
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks guys - great job. This is complete. Played a few games and looks good. FO next.
  15. Lock

Lock New Member

It was a long time coming for these changes. Glad to see that they happened ultimately.
  16. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

ya and perhaps that osok bug explains the silly osok numbers i was still seeing..

to clarify is the base damage buffable? % damage buffable? or neither are going to be buffable?

*edit

in reading more closely i see that % is not supposed to be buffed, but base damage still can be correct?
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Yes correct
  18. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Since the hp % and the bar is fixed. Crits can again apply 2 osok. Rather than that now bosses dont instant die just form mm buffs + mods. Takes longer :p
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You have concentration as opposed to crits now though I see your point in having both apply, given that a subMM going to the other tree can benefit from concentration.
    I think it will need a bit more testing in its current state on where OSOK stands before such a change would be considered.

I think its more likely that the cooldown would be lowered to 3 seconds (or even 2.5) than crits applying in the meantime.
  20. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Well I have a replay of a surv nm. With bar etc. You can see how osok is working now vs bosses. Also it would be easier to test stuff like this if a test map etc was given to player. Where no xp/credit is gained and can be used for testing purpose. Would help testing bugs better, instead of just randomly having them appeared and possibly cost games etc etc etc.

Edit: or make it a command to type.