The K Report: Stats

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kith, May 28, 2012.

1. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Hmmmm..Im liking the new eng regen, especially with rifle as it already has high eng regen. With the added eng stats even high regen, which means moar repulse n traps >:D
    [hr]
    That nice I knew the Shiva was coming back but not the GG, now I'll have a chance to try it. Only thing is when those weapons are gonna be put back in the game. I know it takes a while with the tweaking, balancing and testing, hope it soon though regardless of all that.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Probably sometime around when they get finished.
  3. Tink

Tink New Member

From what I've seen the energy regen is pretty powerful, at the very least it allows mobcons to permacloak (last time I tried it while there was no regen on int it was a lot more difficult to stay cloaked from when you reach level 9 to the end of the game)
    I'm liking it though, very very useful.
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Based on feedback so far, going to reduce intel bonus from +0.02 to +0.018 per stat point. Any violent objections?
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Personally I'd rather see DTs make a comeback in some shape or form as part of INT (lots of players miss it actually), but if it has to be energy regeneration, I think around 0.013 per point is more than adequate without making it a must have stat.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Anymore feedback? Ghost has been pretty clear.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm fine with 0.018. I think dropping it to 0.013 is too much. I'd also like to see the other changes implemented as well.
  8. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

I share Ghosts Opinion.
  9. squish

squish Well-Known Member

.018... yes please. Ghost. You play the EU server. NA does not need to get the nerfbat because EU players are gawd at camping.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

DH1

I take offense at your comment which adds nothing to the discussion
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

DH6: Your main point seems to be that the energy reduction should be greater than proposed (.013 versus .018). This is wrong for the following reasons on the NA server: Typically, the EU server depends more on a static play using defensive positioning and offensive classes. EU style is also more likely to use supply station, energy battery, and restoration. As EU style is more static, they typically can get more out of a supply station and have to spend less energy on sprint. As such, NA style requires more passive energy regen in order to be remotely possible. I personally and others I have spoken to find the NA style to be more fun, although the EU style is easier. If the game is balanced solely for the EU style, NA style will become impossible to complete at the highest levels. We have already seen the effects of balancing for EU style over the past year with various changes that make EU style slightly harder while making NA style magnitudes harder and forcing it to adapt, dropping certain objectives or switching to a high-ground camping style for certain sections.

I don't think that this specific nerf will have a huge effect, but I would like you to keep us NA vets in mind when you see that something is too easy in the future, and instead of making it harder on all of us just try to find a more fun and difficult way to play.
  12. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

EU guys being static campers,yeah sure. Must be the reason we have broken every speed record back in the day,cool story over there..
    And if ur sprinting that much that your needing an higher energy regen for it then you are doing something definetely wrong.

'Find a more fun and difficult way to play' ? Now your implying me something like 'l2p nub' ? Maybe you guys over there should l2p instead :mad: I find speed-nc-exped-nightmare x storyline challenging and fun,or you really think we all are supposed to tour around apollo 10 times for a single boss just because NA's understanding of kiting is that ?
  13. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

Maybe this requires a new Thread by itself as I'm afraid we're all going off topic.

This is the first I hear of this, Ramses II, could you expand a bit more how NA style is ? It might be help avoid confusion in the future and also help us all get a broader view of how gameplay is over the different servers.

@Eagle11. I agree, Ramses II presented his DH6 from a NA-subjective point of view. But lets try not do the same. And after all, there is no one perfect way of playing NOTD, everyone is entitled to their style of gameplay.
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

[align=center]Yo dawgs, stop being dumb cunts or I'll turn into my final form and you will be ultra sad when I sodomize you with concrete bricks[/align]

Different servers have different methods of play, there's no getting around that. Ability will take this into consideration when he chooses what to do about the energy regeneration bonus.

I personally don't think it's too high, but that's probably just the huge amount of additional time that I sunk into testing speaking. What I'd really like to see is the rest of the Stat Rework be implemented, because I'm honestly tired of seeing people get out of retarded situations that they themselves put themselves in because of the magic of Extra Lives. I'm also tired of being asked when they'll be implemented and why Intelligence was the only one that was changed. I put a lot of work into Intelligence, but it is by no means the star of the Stat Rework. Traits and Bonus Rating Stats are bells and whistles that are not necessary and I'm perfectly fine with them being held over 'til NOTD2 (assuming there is one), so I'm fine with them not being touched, but I'm eager to see the rest of the Stat Rework happen.
  15. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Quick question will our current bank files transfer or will we start anew IFFF there is a notd2?
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Dunno. Maybe. I'm hoping the answer is yes, but I am not the man behind the curtain.
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Need some feedback here. Seems like the Intel adjustment can only be 0.0195 (+0.019%) or 0.0156 (+0.0156%) in the Data Editor. You can test the same on your own SC2 editor (see screenshots for change in values). This means that the Intel regen can only be either one number - but nothing in between (seems like a SC2 limitation, weird). Is everyone okay if the actuals for Intel regen is +0.0156%?

Screenshots
    The value you enter is on the left, the actual in-game value is on the right. 0.176 to 0.175 is the change point.
  18. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Yes, the other stats will be implemented too (not just intel).
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

What's the next point below that?
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator