The K Report: Side Missions

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kith, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

A "perfect" bonus (which involves completing all side missions) is going to be implemented with the Recon Rework. Its bonus will be equal to that of Speed, and will be able to be obtained with Speed.

Removing Comms as a speed requirement right now will involve rebalancing the timer. We're going to avoid removing Comms as a speed requirement until we're done with the Recon thing and get everything else finished. One thing at a time.
  2. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

That sounds like a pretty good idea actually, but there's still the relatively high chance of failure for chem leak that might prevent teams from completion. The only questions left, are what do you when the community adapts and doing chem leak becomes just another mission, and when will the Recon Rework be released?
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm perfectly fine with the community adapting to Chem Leak "becoming just another mission", and the Recon Rework will be released when it's done.
  4. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

I figured as much, I was hoping for an estimated release time or period because of the way you said the side mission changes would come with the recon rework. So I wasnt sure if you had a certain time frame in mind.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

When it's done. Arcane doesn't give me a timetable on this sort of thing. He completes it when he does. I'm not going to change the current system that we have because it works in a weird way and we're already slated to get something better, so I'd like to avoid changing it only to change it again later.
  6. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

I was talking with Extifer and a few guys on mumble and realized I was talking about the vents on AC, not the scrapyard chemical leak. Sorry, just ignore whatever I said, I was confused.

No, we almost never to this chemical leak >.> my bad.
  7. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Only ever done it with engi + psi + osok in my team. Its rather.... suicidal
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Actually, the "AOE" characters (Demo, FO, Chem) help enormously because they can cover an entire approach on their own. It's just that not many people run explo demo nowadays because demotank is WAY more viable than the Asstank. The general strategy is to have a tank and a supporting DPS cover the bottom hexes while the top approach is covered by the other six party members. The Medic remains with the six to keep people from dying. If you have a Field Engi, he covers one of the approaches on his own with his zoo and puts towers at the top two hexes to blow them in an emergency.

The rest of the team just kinda sits at the middle and shoots at whatever comes.

Chems isn't too terribly difficult if you have the proper setup. It's just that everyone is afraid of it and not everyone knows how to do proper team setups.