The K Report: Items

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Kith, May 9, 2012.

1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Actives could work if it was something you kept in your inventory rather than equipped and right-clicking produced the active effect.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Well, yes. But I don't think Therms would increase in popularity if they were nvgs that only worked for x amount of seconds, and I'm not too sure I want to deal with the possibility of Therms being the only item in NOTD that work simply because you're holding them.
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

BADUMP

Specifically

Thermal Sights +1
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

More crits for the crit god!
  5. Lyanden

Requesting change to 2.5% instead of 5%. keke

Sorry brah. Also values guy = Ghost now ya?

Still, my opinion stands. Good idea on therms = crit
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I figured 5% was a nice, round number. Compared to the 12% of HP, the 7% of AP (and armor debuff so potentially/usually way more than HP for most weapons), the 3% of HE (plus 5% damage vuln so that's basically 8% oh and the clusterfuck fire vulnerability bonus), I really don't think 5% is too much to ask.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

5% is actually a fair bit considering it does more than just boost damage.
    True sight in 9 radius + increased sight range AND the damage? Its overkill especially when you consider how many thermals there are compared to HP/AP/HE combined usually. The end effect is buffing all the non dps classes as well which pushes team DPS quite a bit higher than is balanced for.

However, I think we can address this a bit differently:

Perception currently grants +9% damage and detection now. I'd like to lower that to about 0.6% per stat rather than 1% per stat as a free AP ammo is quite a lot for a stat.

If that is done, Thermal can give say +3.5% damage to compensate.
    Also, I'd like the perception True Sight to stack with Thermal, but make the overall total 10. This can be done in any combination really of the 2 items.

On a related topic for Riot Shield that was discussed a while back, it should change to say -2.5 damage taken, -2%ms, -1 vision range (because Perception no longer grants vision). It also needs to be heavier, say 10 weight.

I'm also tempted to suggest KA needs a change but still need to figure out how to go about it.
    Its currently good only vs certain bosses but otherwise piss poor especially with the C2 buff. It is useless against infested marines, Nazara, Mutas etc which is where it should shine but is superceded by C2.
    Maybe make it halve ranged damage taken and reduce max damage considered to 175? That makes it less tanky vs some but not all ranged bosses but useful against creeps and on a non-tank class.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Granted, they're more common, but Thermals aren't supposed to give sight, only detection.

I am so much not a fan of this idea I'm just gonna straight up say "no". Not only would the playerbase bleed from every oriface over Perception getting nerfed again, the other stats are also "quite a lot" and Perception is now roughly on even footing with the others.

Yyyyeah, I'm all for the damage reduction as well. I'm pretty sure it not changing is just a consequence of Ability working on a bunch of other stuff.

KA's extremely niche but it's also extremely good where it fits, so... I dunno. Given NOTD's equipment philosophy of "right tool for the right job", I don't really know if this is a bad thing or not. Ability's gonna have to weigh in on this one, I think.
  9. Lyanden

Bump for thermals (crit values), riot shield (+1 armor seems lacking) and also to facilitate discussions on the guns and their bonuses
    (which can use some changes, but are not an immediate concern)
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Considering that the Riot Shield is a Shield... you think it could probably also add some Ailment Resistance like C2 armor. Say +10% resistance. Not enough that a Tank using RA/KA or C6 is going to feel nigh indestructible (Though they'd probably appreciate not bleeding/poison spewing as much). Enough that a marine with C2 and the Shield needs not worry TOO much about a troll Infested Marine putting 10 venom stacks on them in a single second. Might actually see people who want the Riot Shield? Maybe. I could see myself playing an Order Flamer with C series armor and a Riot Shield in that case.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

For an enemy to apply ailments to you, they would have to deal damage to you (more than 0.5).
    As RS will have a flat damage reduction, if you were to use it with C4/C6, it is likely that infested rines might not deal any damage to you in combination with other talents, hence giving you ailment immunity vs very low damage targets. Adding more on top might be a bit much.
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Somewhat correct, currently the way ailments work, the enemy needs to damage you and your shields need to be below 1 (a necessary evil because marines have shield regen delay of 0, they always have a minor amount of shields).