The Future of NOTD

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blaqk, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Due to some confusion from newer members and the drama wrought by others, I'm going to lay out what's going on with NOTD (not NOTD 2) and what to expect:

• There is an Anniversary Patch coming by month's end
      • This patch will add a free pet
      • This patch will have a couple bugfixes
      • This patch may have some model updates
    After that...
    • NOTD's development has ceased
      • There will be no further balance changes
      • There will be no further content updates
      • All resources will be directed towards the sequel
    • Major bugfixes will continue
    • NOTD is not dead
    • NOTD is not abandoned
    • NOTD is finished

We're done with NOTD, folks. We have obligations to our backers to put every bit of time and resources we have into NOTD 2. We do not do this for a living, so "time" is the one thing we do not have in abundance. That is why we continue to expand the NOTD 2 development team so that we can deliver on promises. Once NOTD 2 is well into Beta, we might dedicate some time to retrofitting NOTD 1 with some of NOTD 2's fancy stuff.

If YOU want to take up updating NOTD, then you need to start a conversation that includes both me and Ability, and we can work out an arrangement. There's no need to sit here on the forum and rant and whine about something that YOU can change.

NOTD is not dead, and it is not abandoned. Our playerbase dwindles because SC2 is dying. Of late, there have often been more players on StarCraft: Brood War's servers than on SC2's. That's not a joke or hyperbole. SC2 has too much competition and too many people waiting for LotV. Once LotV launches, we can assess the situation and make plans from there.

For those who continue to pass blame instead of actually helping or contributing: grow up.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kalss
    • Donator

Kalss Who am i

lotv come form next year?

and thx notd stuff for good arcade

ty blaqk
  3. Tantric Vigilante

Tantric Vigilante Localboid Cultist

^ same, also please fix the timer being behind the status UI.
  4. stanK

stanK Member

For those wanting a sneak peek of the future, join KR server and see what this game will turn into once LOTV hype subsides :D
  5. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Kith once mentioned this to me, he wanted to change the Techy's model to the Herc once legacy rolled around. Is that still gonna happen, or will that be scrapped? (the fact that the Herc was removed from the multiplayer early on may mean it might not be in the map editor, kinda like the Terran Shredder)
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Datamining has shown that it's still there, as are its assets. Considering that other Beta units were added to Heart of the Swarm's files even though they weren't used, I doubt the HERC is getting cut completely.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I am hesitant about adding the LotV dependencies into NOTD 1. Adding HotS gave us floating devourers, Metabolic Shutdown, and several other issues. I don't see a reason to add the dependency just for one model. If anything, it would be safer and easier to extract its assets and import them alone.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Hey, fine by me.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks for the update Tristan. Over the years, we've put in thousands of hours into NOTD, and now is time for us to give the same kind of commitment to NOTD 2.
  10. squish

squish Well-Known Member

If that's true, remove the hell mode button. Otherwise it's blatantly not "finished".
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I blame meg.
  12. Xienus

Xienus New Member

bring back old models thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yukitaka Oni

Yukitaka Oni Member

Fix HUD too. It killing news player A LOT v)o.o)>!
  14. would you please stop necro'ing ancient posts
  15. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

[​IMG]

mega sp00py
  16. Yukitaka Oni

Yukitaka Oni Member

But....but I see this post in the main page D:
  17. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Why dont necro? Lets state it once and for all: NOTD is dead.
    Necro forum of necro game about killing necros.
  18. stanK

stanK Member

I'll drink to that!
  19. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

20. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

It's not a necro if it's the second thread down. Just a very slow rate of posting.