The Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHENZ, Apr 21, 2012.

1. AngelSephy

AngelSephy New Member

Fail costumes

this is,, rainbow
    [​IMG]

better now, Blue!
    [​IMG]

When we was Pink, Big Guy Pink =D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

Countless gear upgrades and attempts later, finally soloed Belial. Too bad certain Act3 White mobs still 2-shot me.

[attachment=1135]
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

[attachment=1148]
  4. AngelSephy

AngelSephy New Member

wait why am i being remove in my own game, does open to public means anyone can remove anyone?
    [hr]
    wait,, nvm, it was just bnet trolling ...
  5. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

To my NOTD friends and community members, I am currently on Diablo 3 and will probably be away from NOTD for quite some time until at least a few of my former compadres return.

I have 1 character in Inferno that's doing pretty well and another that is 4 levels away from there.

Anyways, if you guys want to hit a game with me please send me a PM and I will give you my battle tag.

See you guys in Sanctuary...
  6. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

One of the few monks on all of Bnet to have done this :)

[attachment=1155]
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

As a Wizard player i must congratulate you on both killing Diablo and persisting through the mass deaths that most Melee classes have to endure to get that far, plus the insane fortune you either spent on the AH or in getting actual good drops that helped you progress.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

If you look above the explosion, those numbers are Diablo 3 shitting itself at your win.
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

SirGalahad, can you PM me about your build? I'm struggling with gear and deciding what route i should take to progress past act 2 inferno.

Also, do you know anything about Cold Monk builds? I heard about it but, I don't know what to stack.
  10. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Wizard New Skill : Ancient Hound

[​IMG]

Summons a golden hound that will feast on the demon's pride as the owner devours their gold.

Lore : ENOUGH! The dark power of doggy will consume you! - Doggodan
  11. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

Here is a screenshot of my stats. They're not spectacular, but I only spent about 7-8mil total for all of my gear, weapon included.

[attachment=1173]

My regular skillset is this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/m ... ZXU!bZbaca

I use WotHF with FoF because of the large AOE and knockback. This makes fighting huge groups of white mobs very easy with proper positioning. I have minimal trouble with white mobs on Act 3/4 and can safely kill (with kiting) around half of all elite groups. For most groups, I use a standard blind, hit, serenity, hit, kick, run, breath, repeat. Kick is an amazing emergency/kiting tool, costing only 30 spirit and kicking even elite mobs safely away. Note that for maximum viability of kiting, at least one item with spirit regen is required. Even 1 spirit per sec can be HUGE, especially since both Serenity and Blind only cost 10 spirit.

If you are having serious trouble with mobs or non-instant death elites, a good way to make up for poor survivability is to use Deadly Reach with Keen Eye, Kick, and Mystic Ally (Earth). Basically, you want to use your Ally to take as much aggro as possible while you DPS the mobs. The 50% armour bonus is huge if you are constantly being 1-shot or 2-shot. However, your DPS will be much lower. If you have low DPS AND you having trouble with white mobs, you need to regear.

I have not heard of the Cold Monk build. Based on the name, it sounds like it may involve stacking Freeze on hit items and a Cold damage weapon combined with attack speed. It is not difficult to get 2.xx attacks per second as a Monk, and this does NOT include the attack speed bonus of your skills (the DPS stat on the character sheet is NOT accurate for Monks). FoT gives a 55% attack speed bonus, so with 3+ attacks per second, this build may be viable. I used to use a low DPS weapon (~560) for the Spirit Regen, but it also had 1.5% chance to freeze on hit, and it processed a lot more often than I expected based on the low percentage.
  12. Shooz
    • Donator

Did you do a lot of cellar farming in act 1 or goblin farming in act 2?
  13. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

I did a number of Warden->Butcher runs. Start at the quest Imprisoned Angel, use Waypoint to Festering Woods. Go into each of the tombs there (1 each on west and east sides) and kill the elite inside. Go south west to the Ancient Hero event tombstone and activate it. This generates a guaranteed 3 Valor stacks. Then, go to Halls of Agony Level 2 and go do the Warden->Butcher. I will generally have a completely full inventory and around 5-7 rares from this run, with about 30k gold. This run takes my Monk about 25 min solo (I skip as many white mobs as I can), but with higher DPS it can be a lot faster. With some luck, you will find AH worthy items, pushing the average gold per hour much higher. The most expensive item I have found during this run was about 400k, but I know someone who found a 7mil pair of gloves from the Butcher (super super lucky guy). You will likely average more than 150k an hour as long as you AH things at prices that will sell.

A couple of these runs combined with some bargain-hunting at the AH will lead to relatively quick upgrades.
  14. Shooz
    • Donator

Add me as a friend Galahad and lets get together. I'd like to see your play style if you dont mind.
  15. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

To anyone who's knowledgeable about computer stuffs, could you tell me whether my laptop is compatible with D3 or not. If not, could you point out which part is not compatible? Because I am very confused and kept getting lost while looking at requirements, supported graphic card, unsupported graphic card, etc.

I have Toshiba laptop with Window Vista 32 bits, AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM 74 (2 CPU) 2.2 GHz, has enough room for d3, and ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics.
  16. Shooz
    • Donator

Should be fine. Make sure you have at least 2GB of RAM as well.
  17. SkullCapp

I do have more than 2 GB of RAM, but I kept getting message, "Failed to meet minimum requirement". I don't know which part need to be fix/upgrade. It wouldn't tell me which part. Message just say "Below minimum requirement".
  18. Dovakiin

Dovakiin New Member

It's definitely your video card. HD 3100 is a low-end Class 4 card. It's an integrated chipset, just a little bit faster than those GMA cards. So basically, it can't run any current high demand games.
  19. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

While there are great laptops for gaming out there, most 'tops in general suck for playing high end games. Either upgrade your laptop, or get a reasonable desktop for games
  20. SkullCapp

Ah, I see. Thank you Dovakiin and Inquisitor.