The Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHENZ, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I feel depressed by Diablo III.

No Player Customization of stats and no Skill points & skill tree; Just free skill unlocks at x level makes it appear extremely limited overall in terms of customization outside of Items. Sure at certain levels, you get modifiers to the skills but it still feels much more different then actually putting points into a skill and its Synergies, even if those modifiers make the skill work in different ways.

And the sad part is, I'll probably still play it until the Novelty of it being Diablo III wears off.
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Here's the extreme version of that

Wizard Stun/Freeze Lock
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

They're replacing it altogether in the next full patch.

I see so much QQ about the Demon Hunter being underpowered and shitty and how people die all the time, even on normal. I love the Blaqk Queen to death. Even on Nightmare she clears the screen before anything even gets close. On Normal my strategy for fighting Diablo was:

1) Press 1
    2) Hold Right Mouse Button
    3) Press 1
    4) Sip coffee
    5) Run around for a few seconds until Hatred refills
    6) Repeat

The only attack I couldn't regen through was his lightning vomit which I could just move behind him to dodge. Shit, Azmodan's health ran out before my Hatred did. Basically if you get hit as a Demon Hunter, you're doinit wrong.

Currently I'm amusing myself as the Jihaad Wizard. Mobs in Normal Act 1 have so little health compared to my damage that I'll cast Diamond Skin, then run in and use Wave of Force to kill them all in a single blast. My record is 32 kills in one blast. =D
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Upgraded my Staff of herding to hellish just a bit ago. Hell mode Whymshire is pretty difficult. If anyone wants to give a whack at it, you're more than welcome to join me. just send me a message and we can go.

Got a legend out of it earlier btw.
  5. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

I was annoyed when i heard of that monk nerf... I see first hand, DH and Wizards clearing the fucking map on hell while solo and in co op, but my monk gets hit hard/owned alot. "hurr durr, instead of rebalancing the wizard or fixing our servers for NA, lets nerf the monks survivability..." fucking tools. Barb will likely get nailed too on the basis that he has too much hp.
  6. Dovakiin

Dovakiin New Member

Hell should be easy enough, I'd love to leech cuz mine is still a normalish. What's your TAG, so I can add u?
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

8. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

They nuking that build (nerfing Critical Mass).
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

[​IMG]
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

what skills are those that are being used on the hot key. I dont really recognize them lol.
  12. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Frost Nova, Explosive Blast and Diamond Skin
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Thanks, I havent played wizard yet but I know that those are their skills.
  14. Dovakiin

Dovakiin New Member

Any Barb in Inferno Act 2 ??

800+ resis, 31K hp, 8k armor, still getting raped by elite packs..T_T

So frustrated.
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can plausible be melee in Inferno after all I have read about it. Sucks having a Guest pass, but its better then nothing. After all, it just sounds like they thought it would be a good idea to multiply stats by 10 from hell to inferno or something along those lines.
  16. Endangered

Endangered Well-Known Member

With all the fucking nerfs happening, i raged and pre-ordered Torchlight 2
    I didnt buy Diablo 3 to play the beta version.
  17. detourdirect

detourdirect New Member

Haha wow... D3 may be the most dissapointing thing since the starwars prequels. Been less than a week and i cant stand this shit anymore. Way to drop the ball blizzard... Back to notd i go
  18. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

This is so humiliating [​IMG]
  19. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

My inferno monk gets fuckin nailed.
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Sadly you have basically 3 options to defeat act 2, give you appear to have fairly high end gear (near the top it sounds like).

1) Corpse run past everything, kill the bosses and be done with it.

2) Wait for us wizard/DH cheeser to sell ever better gear on the AH (I have a strong suspicion blizzard is slowly slipping better item rolls into the game, so people can get ever better drops in Act 4 to prepare for Act 2 (that is not a joke))

3) Wait till blizzard either balances Act 2+ Inferno correctly, balances classes correctly or balances items on a whole correctly.