The Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHENZ, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Correct, in D3, you must pay gold to upgrade your blacksmith, and then you must use speciality items that are only found in certain difficulties, effectively putting a cap on how far you can upgrade the artisans within a given difficutly (obviously AH bypasses this). Blacksmith is at the moment, worthless. Jeweler however is mandatory to upgrade, because the last 6 gem tiers do not drop, so you first must upgrade the jeweler to craft up, and for last 4 tiers, you must get their designs for the jeweler to use (one time requirement, item drop, in lieu of upgrading, since he will be max upgraded). The numbers are already known, it will cost millions to get last tier gem (starting with highest dropped gem, you will need 243 Tier 8 gems and it will cost you 8 million gold to get final tier (tier 14) gem after your done crafting all the way up. Probably will not see top tier gem on AH for a while since people either don;t have them, using them. By the time they roll around, I fully expect them to sell around 15-20 million a pop.
  2. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

Wizard had Nice gigant lazors :D
    I love it :3
  3. SeemsLikeAxl

SeemsLikeAxl Well-Known Member

The auction house ate 55k gold in an outbid... no refund...
  4. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Waves#1780

Hardcore Player

36 Monk Act 1 NM
    30 Wizard Act 4 Normal

+ other lower lvl classes.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Yeah... why the fuck does it just eat your money? It's a bid.
  6. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

da fook are you wasting 55k on anyway?
  7. RawrBeezy

RawrBeezy New Member

Just outta curiousity. Is anybody on forums in Act 4 in Inferno?
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

I love how I can lose connection to the server by sitting in the menu. =\
  9. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Best to save gold then and just rely on drops to upgrade equipment. Ah well, at least gold actually has some value here (aside from repairs) unlike in the previous installment.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Does anyone else find the female Wizard's voice acting to be less than good?
  11. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Probably a product of the VA trying to change her voice yet again to portray yet another character. You can only produce so many "individuals".
  12. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i notice that inferno is almost there for me :3
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Least it's an attempt though. Unlike that VA who did Spike from Cowboy Bebop. I hear that EXACT voice far too often.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

15. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Unlikely, Blizzard fundamentall designed inferno to be unworkable in theory except for all but the best gear.

Practice has show so many things wrong with it,thats it's kind of sad. Blizzard basically resorted to fake difficulty, by allowing monsters to have unreal damage (easily 2 shotting nearly everyone with little regard to their gear), with surreal HP (most champions/elites in Inferno have HP exceeding most Hell bosses, on the order of millions). The abilities that can combo together creates a spectrum where a small percentage of ability combos are a joke and thus can be facerolled. There is a decent spread of workable ones, and finally there is another small percentage of enemies who are unbeatable, regardless of gear. This also shafts melee classes, barbs/monks are forced to go toe to toe with stuff that WILL 3 shot. To top it off, certain class skills permitted monks and wizards to basically cheese their way past everything to bosses, which are easier then the mobs by a large margin (Inferno butcher is cake compared to most Inferno Champion mobs). This permitted those classes to race through Inferno and acquire inferno level gear which was promptly sold to everyone else via AH.

The item setup as well as certain glitches has merely facilitated this lunacy.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the challenge of Inferno, but the relative lack of balance post Act 1 leaves much to be desired. By Blizzards own admission, they made it so hard that internal testers never beat it, and thus by that reasoning, never tested later acts of Inferno. It also feels that they never did a proper perfect test, aka rig each character with the top gear with the best rolls and see if it was doable. As it stands, the most effective method to "beating" inferno is to RUN past every mobs, skip every champion encounter, take on bosses (who are workable/easy), and use whatever gold from gold runs to buy the necessary gear to survive/move on. Which I feel is a mistake, a game should be hard, but not so hard that beating the game efficiently is... bypass/circumvent/ignore the very basis of the game (killing stuff).

Hopefull Blizzard sorts all this out, they currently have removed any survival cheese (every skill that classes used to tank/absorb OHK, was nerfed or nerfed into nothing till replacement effect is found). It remains to see if they give us proper difficulty that doesn't rely on mass suiciding/cheesing/corpse running to actually fight and win. That or give us decent item setups (Whole another topic).

EDIT: That thread above was so much fail and win, some people just don't get it do they?
  16. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

So we all know how NotD has had various pathing bugs/cheeses over the years, the joys of coccon prisons and athena egg blocked. Well... none of those can even compare to this totally hilarious and retarded extreme of pathing fuck up.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=62624076&f=68&o=0
  17. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I don't think Ozymandias will play Diablo 3 for a while >.>

Or at least with people who exploits that...
  18. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

I laughed really hard at that picture.

So anyway, I couldn't take the horrendous voice acting on the female Wizard so I made a male instead. It actually changes the "feel" of the game. I'll be completely honest, while playing as the Blaqk Queen, there were moments of the game where it felt more like a girls' night out than it did a fight for survival. Female Demon Hunter, Leah, and the Enchantress are the god damn Powerpuff Girls.

[​IMG]

Leah = Blossom
    Enchantress = Bubbles
    Demon Hunter = Buttercup

You'll never look at them the same way again.
  19. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

any1 up for hardcore? I'll help ju!
  20. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

This game is so unbalanced at the moment it's not even funny. I was having so much fun playing my Monk until Inferno, where I got stomped by almost every single Elite/Champion mob. Then today I played a game with an 8k HP (yes, only 8k) Wizard who dominated everything by being able to permafreeze every single mob, even Elites. And Blizzard decides to nerf Monk's damage absorb shield instead. Come on.