The Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHENZ, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Lol. Cap that wasn't me at all last night. I tried to log on at midnight for about 5 minutes then I gave up and went and watched some epsoides of Lost. 2-3 Epsoides later I tried again and I could get on. I barely even got out of my bed to play it. Then I only played it for an hour and got level 7, so at 3am I went to sleep. And then I'm waking up at 1:14pm, I'm not really all pumped to play it. Its just something to do with friends.
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Heh. I was laughing as I played SC2 last night and for four hours all I heard was copious amounts of rage about it and people fishing for a "Yeah, I feel your pain brah" from me.
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I think Blizzard saw this somewhat coming, but realistically, at any point in the future are they going to have the load they had last night? It makes literally no sense to buy/build infrastructure for what is quite likely a one time event. Sure you will have millions playing at any given time, but millions logging in at the same moment? Blizzard is probably working out some bugs and bringing more servers online, and rolling out stuff to keep things under control.

Honestly they have come a long way. If anyone remembers when WoW came out, Blizzard was completely blindsided by the sheer number of people wanting to play, they were backlogged for weeks with queues and getting more servers to host everything. Having everything to roll for a launch that dwarfs WoW's is just asking for a miracle, and totally unrealistic.
    [hr]
    From a infrastructure point of view, it actually is pretty smart, having a unified setup that can be centrally managed, and it does enable (Bnet 2.0) the intergame social features. Like I can chat with people n SC2/WoW from D3, and vice versa.
  4. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

Ap is it only RealID users or everyone on your f list?
  5. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

You need to add people individually with their battle tag and an account number, I think...
  6. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

It does have it's uses I guess but I won't exactly be the best of moods if I can't log in to sc2 because the servers is filled with D3 players.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

RealID users only, which is lame, means I have to get everyone's gamertag or email for D3.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Get out.
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

*PlayStation Network ID Name Thingy
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

???

Yeah D3 Chat basically won't let you just right click add, all friends list requests have to be approved. Even if you right click add them from chat channels, it pulls up their gamertag (Username@CharacterCode) and sends a request.
  11. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Actually, I don't even know what they're called anymore. I pay that much attention.
  12. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

are the blizzard servers totally down? I can't get into either D3 or SCII :(
  13. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

You can't blame Blizzard's server trouble on me! =D

I only cause damage to HostGator servers.
  14. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Who here is HARDCORE?

25 Monk atm rocking Belial like the Lord of Lies is a noob.
  15. PatriGamer

PatriGamer New Member

btw there is a walkthroguh here if anyone needs one:
    Diablo 3 Walkthrough

I am playing as a monk

Demon Hunter will be the next class I play
  16. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i am wizard and using frost beam with fun :D don't talk just smash with your friends :D
  17. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I would do unspeakable things to the female Demon Hunter.

Just sayin'
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Take her to a nice dinner and then a movie?
    Pound her ass like the barbarian you are.
  19. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

We can start there, yes.
  20. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

[​IMG]