The Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHENZ, Apr 21, 2012.

1. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

With the open beta launch, anyone got any thoughts?

im a bit confused about the storyline. this is supposed to be after D2:LoD yes? why are we delving into King Leoric and co. again?
  2. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

so new people know what happend last diablo's
  3. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

As far as I'm aware in story line. The story of Diablo 3 takes place after 20 years following the events of D2. Essentially a comet has crashed onto the good ol town of Tristram and the 5 heroes of Diablo 3 were sent to investigate. It's been said that this could be in regards to the prophecy that Deckard Cain spoke of.

As for King Leoric and co, I'm guessing the developers and creators wanted to bring him back for players that havent really played the first two diablos because I also heard that the good ol BUTCHER "FRESH MEAT" could be making an appearance once again as with the cow level as well. However, this has all yet to be confirmed until May 15th 2012.

When darkness falls Heroes shall rise........
  4. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

I still can't believe that old geezer is still alive. Seriously, he's like Old Faithful when it comes to Diablo games.
  5. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Hes only live that long cause hes a horadrim.
  6. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

So I'm definately going Monk when the game comes out. For Hardcore mode I'll make a Barbarian

What all names you guys using for your characters
    For me it's:

Monk: ColSanders
    Barbarian: Schwarzenegger

Buddy of mine who's co-opping with me has a Witch Doctor. He's torn between naming it OJ or Cadillac Williams. No joke.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

8. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

9. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I never even bothered to download the beta. Too much for too little. Definitely going to make a Monk though. By far the most appealing class, save for the Barbarian. But the latter is mostly for nostalgia.
  10. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Before the second to last character wipe (before beta became open) my characters were as follows:

Monk = FozzyOsbourn
    Witch Doctor = ChiefNevrSober
    Wizard = DayDrinking
    Demon Hunter = GrapeDrank (I had a purple hood)
    Barbarian = TheJuggernaut
  11. Endangered

Endangered Well-Known Member

Monk - MorningWood
    This will be my daibo monk

Thinking of Barbarian or Witch Doctor for 2nd character then go from there.
  12. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

I'm running DH and sorc. let the melee classes tank, i'll just dps.
  13. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I can't decide if I should play Demon Hunter or Wizard >.<
  14. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Wizard all the way for me, and it must be lightning spells ! THE RAIN TRANSFORMS.
  15. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Still sad there won't be a Sister of the Sightless Eye for this game. That's been what I played for my first runs through both of the previous games.
  16. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

from what i've experienced so far:

DH has dps. it's actually more dps than wizards cause you can recharge your resources fairly quickly, not to mention the attack rate is higher. however DH is quite a bit more fragile and the defensive skills are kinda lackluster.

wizard has some dps (esp with the pew pew beam) but i've had less survivability issues.

the key difference for me is that DH has tons of AOE dps while wizard is good at single-target dps thanks to pew pew beam. that's for the first 20 levels at least. after that, lol i'll tell you in a month's time XD
  17. AngelSephy

AngelSephy New Member

getting my hands ready for D3 15May
  18. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'm pretty sad that the EU vets will all abandon ship for D3. Leaves me as the only one who didn't preorder it or intends to get it.

Didn't like the beta, and grew out of the rather mindless play (farm Diablo/Baal runs, MF the rest) that Diablo is I guess.
  19. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

I'm not a vet (more like noobidor) but I'll still be around since I don't play Diablo, although I do have quite a bit of homework to do :mad:
  20. Hades

Hades Member

pretty sure ill be heading over to d3 aswell although notd is quite fun aswell but itll be a sidegame for a while i reckon