The Delta Commando

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kith, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yep. Dragging things into terrible, trap-filled places will be one of the high points of the Deltamando, so now players will have a reason to play him other than "supporting the FO/Demo".
  2. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

How much longer till this wonderful trap update???
  3. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

trolls gonna love this :D. gonna stomp pub HARD
  4. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Once again...
    [​IMG]
  5. Seeky

Seeky New Member

How about allowing Heightened Senses reveal the Mono trap to the team? Makes since it reveals cloaked units too.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No. I'm not going to implement a workaround to the traps' cloaked nature. The Deltacomm can communicate to his teammates that they're there or he can eat the lost rating/karma. It is not that hard to tell your allies where you've trapped and you do not need to have someone hold your hand if you're playing the Commando.
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

^dis hurr
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Also, something that people seem to be forgetting. The traps aren't some sort of strange super-cloak bullshit that can't be seen. You will be able to see the traps with normal detection, I.E., Flares, Thermals, Perception, in addition to the DeltaComm being able to see them on his minimap at all times.
  9. PADDYPOWER

PADDYPOWER New Member

Would you be able to Laser Designate the traps?
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

11. Seeky

Seeky New Member

So... Let me get this straight. Every other detection ability and possibly the Field Nexus will be able to spot the trap but not Heightened Senses?

Standardization.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Correct. HS reveals enemy units. The traps are the Delta's units. The Delta can reveal the traps with flares or by communicating with the team. Even if there was a way to make HS reveal the traps, I wouldn't do it. The Commando needs to communicate with his goddamn team.
  13. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Any idea when this will be available??
  14. Blaze

Blaze New Member

now my question is can the mando trip his own traps?
  15. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Can you make it so that the traps use energy to activate and constantly lose energy like broodlings used to in sc1?

That way you're not waiting around for 4 minutes on a trap that has 1 fucking charge left, and you'll have a good idea of how much it's got left.
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

When it's done.

All units entering the radius of the trap will activate the trap.

I imagined that it'd be coded in such a way, yes. Either the trap has 8 hitpoints and is untargetable and loses a hitpoint every time it activates (leading to the object's death) or it's invulnerable and it dies when it runs out of energy. I'm leaning towards hitpoints, considering that would lead to people having to be careful with their explosives.
  17. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Hitpoints means that you can just blow them up, and you need a separate timer.

Energy would mean you get a maximum of 8 explosions or 5 minute duration, (4 explosions over 2.5 minutes, etc...) and there would only be 1 timer required.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Units can have a timed life and hitpoints very easily. For instance: The Autoturret.
  19. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Couldnt it be similar to a riflemans trap?
    Placing more than the alotted amount just erases the old one? That seems to be how everything else works, not sure why this talent wouldnt be the same?
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Sonic Traps have a limit on how many you can place, but not a duration. Monofilament Traps have a duration, but no limit.

The reason that it's not the same is because the Commando isn't the Rifleman.