"The Brig" Reporting Procedures

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'm just going to be blunt. What makes anyone think that a vote won't he 100% guilty every time? I submit to you that you scratch the vote idea and just decide together as wardens in conjunction with the devs and mods.

What I mean by this is that if you've got the evidence you should just PM to the forum team and other wardens that "this mofo" needs a ban. If at that point anyone has an issue with that, they can speak up. The Black Ops members can still post their opinions within the thread and help to gather incriminating evidence but, the voting system as you described(Nicarco) just seems like a waste of time and effort.

They made it to the brig and according to ability "we're catching mob bosses here, not henchmen". So the heretics that made it to the brig in the first place should warrant some level of ban to begin with.

Maybe it's just me but, I'll tell you that if you keep the ban system with a vote inside of each profile thread therein. I'm going to vote that ee ban every last person with a profile in the brig. You can rest assured that NiteShade and Kith most certainly will do the same as well. Trust me..

Btw I typed this shit up on my phone because I felt so strongly about how pointless voting would be.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'm fine without the vote. The Wardens should also have enough judgment to pick the right people to place into Brig.
  3. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I was kind of against the voting procedure as well, as it could make the process of banning much longer and complicated than it should be. I'll go ahead and maybe change the procedure now.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

As we don't currently have any mafia boss IDs, I will be adding some EU players to the Brig who have hacked stats and talk a lot of BS and generally are poor teamplayers but continue to play NOTD.
  5. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Yep. Already added one person who has been a chronic tker and hacker.
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I felt the liberty to suggest a format change and posted it there for you.
    For those who don't see it, here is my suggested format (with colors!)
    Code:
    [b][color=#6666CC]Person in Question:[/color] [color=#FF0000]Subject Name, Region + ID, Other Region + ID's[/color][/b]

[color=#FF0000][b]Crimes[/b][/color]

[b][color=#6666CC]Investigation Status and Information:[/color][color=#32CD32]Not Started[/color] / [color=#FFD700]In Progress[/color] / [color=#00BFFF]Finished[/color][/b]

[color=#800000][b]Punishment / Action Taken:[/b][/color]

Banned for [b][color=#FFD700]# Weeks[/color][/b] / [b][color=#FF0000]Permanently banned[/color][/b]

[b][color=#006400]Additional Notes[/color][/b]
    Looks like:
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

That's really nice. I will implement it as soon as I can.
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

About Tokido who Yuey added to the Brig.

I get he's a ahcker but he isn't exactly a big fish nor do there seem to be suggestions he is otherwise disruptive.

Are we adding him because there's noone else to add or is there some other reason?

I am mindful Ability wants us to only add "mafia bosses"
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Hmm, thinking over it, TOYKIDO is a pretty mild case personally compared to say what NA usually gets. Its also why I've been hesitating to add anyone from SEA. All of them are either one offs, no longer play or really mild in offense. My biggest problem is that a lot of his "disruptive" actions happen in-game when I'm not there and not in the public channel.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Following discussion with Ability:
    I'll be making some cases for EU tonight when I get back from work.
    Duplicate threads will be deleted at that stage.