Under Review The Book of Skulls

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Kith, Dec 11, 2014.

1. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I very much approve of being able to use heal while moving and sacrificing the ability to attack. Still allows the medic to be able to assist others and maintain kiting so that a stationary medic doesn't become the problem at hand in times of crisis.

I am curious to know more about Booster once you have the opportunity to iron it out a little more.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

OP has been updated with plans for the Recon, the Pathfinder, and the Commando.
  3. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Shock Mando gonna need an XS if they get Midnight Animal! xD
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Updated with:
    • Shockmando stuff
    • Some Chaosthrower stuff
    • Lots of Orderthrower stuff
    • An entire Technician tree built out of Legos
    say words about your thoughts, you filthy animals
  5. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Why not put duration at level 3? Nobody cares about the penalty, but more kill people do care about.
    Angry forcing reload seems to be there for no real reason. Does it cost energy per shot, or per second on?
    Graveyard Man looks cool, much better than Warsong (RIP).
    i thought you were going to get rid of napalm grenade anyway
    im cool with the only effecting flamer
    explain righteousness plz though, i don't understando fernando
    why not mg, flakk, flame [ground only]
    why not regain energy from broken down stuff or being able to carry them along the riiiiiide
    why not make it like a big ass mortar/arty emplacement
    kewl, but for demo tank that seems kind of too synergetic. what about assa tank? );
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Good point.

The lore behind it is that the Commando is screwing with their ammo to make it more dangerous - if they start using TEH ANGEREY, they need to load a fresh modified magazine, and if they want to go back to normal shooting, they'll have to discard the currently modified magazine. The balance behind it is that it'll eat into the player's ammo reserve quickly if they flip it on and off too often, or at inopportune times.

Hooray.

Was thinking about it, but never committed to the idea.

If it worked for anyone else, Orderthrower would become a debuff master, and that's not something I want. Best save that for the Chem Expert.

If I make Righteousness "a thing", I'll be cutting the disable effects from the baseline Smite and Shatter skills (currently Smite gains a slow at level 2 and shatter gains a stun at Level 3). It depends on what I end up doing for the T2s.

Because I'd rather have a turret that goes pew pew instead of one that goes dakka dakka. The Flamethrower and Flak turrets already fulfill the role of hitting in an area - I'd rather have the last turret do high single-target damage for the sake of doing something different.

Because getting energy back beyond 100 is a waste and being able to enter them into an inventory means that other players can pick it up. I'm looking at giving abilities charges or something.

Mortars have a travel time, artillery is too big.

The Assault has a wide variety of healing available to them, such as Medkits and Bandages. They can live without this one niche skill catering to them.
  7. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Demo also has a shield restore with Sadist. Sure, people should carry kits just in case, but that justification sounds like Assaults shouldn't have anything in their inventory BUT kits.

Although I will say, Medic does NOT work too well with Demo without bubble spam. Why don't we have a shield healer like we have a shield tank?
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No, I was just explaining why I'm comfortable with Monolith not benefiting the Assault in any significant way.

Shields are immune to ailments and the Demo is intended to be an off-tank/melee brawler rather than a primary tank. This is partially to encourage gameplay variety and partially due to the Demo being a Caster, not a Heavy.
  9. Yukitaka Oni

Yukitaka Oni Member

I thought engineer is the shield healer c)o.o)c???
  10. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

He has it as an innate in NOTD1, but it isn't very reliable.
  11. Yukitaka Oni

Yukitaka Oni Member

Ah yeah, although 2 engineer can stack but their energy regen is not fast like medic :/
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The Engineer's Repair in NOTD 2 is basically just a Nanoweave For Mech Units. It also works for people with Short Circuit.